Transit Visa on AP

sridas

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I am currently on EAD-AP (waiting for my Finger Prints). I also have a valid H-1B visa(Stamped) until Spetember. I want to Travel to India next month but came to know about the Transit Visa (some made-up visa to rob money from desperate travellers :D )

If anyone has travelled in my situation please let me know what are my best options.

1. Is the Transit Visa required for me. I will use the AP to get-out and come-in to this country, but can I show my H1-B visa to British or German Authorities?

2. My H1-B has been cancelled (by my company- since I am on EAD). Will this effect my above plan?

any help appreciated.

thanks
Dasu

sridas said:
Hello All,
I am currently on EAD-AP (waiting for my Finger Prints). I also have a valid H-1B visa(Stamped) until Spetember. I want to Travel to India next month but came to know about the Transit Visa (some made-up visa to rob money from desperate travellers :D )

If anyone has travelled in my situation please let me know what are my best options.

1. Is the Transit Visa required for me. I will use the AP to get-out and come-in to this country, but can I show my H1-B visa to British or German Authorities?

2. My H1-B has been cancelled (by my company- since I am on EAD). Will this effect my above plan?

any help appreciated.

thanks
Dasu
As long as you have a valid visa on your passport they will allow you without transit vais. You can use AP at POE.

If your H1 visa stamp is not expired, then you may not need a Transit visa. But if the stamp is expired then you may need a transit visa via London or Germany. If I am not wrong you may still not require a Transit visa via Paris or MiddleEast.