Transit Visa - Germany.

pbk

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I am travelling to India thru Frankfurt by AirIndia for 3 weeks vacation. I am going to use Advance Parole for the reentry in to US. Do I need take Germany transit visa? I searched the forums and getting mixed opinions. Can somebody share their recent experiences?

Thanks,
PBK

We travelled through same Airline. I got mixed reviews when i was looking for the answer. To be safe side, we took trasnit visa.

Bobby.

I have travelled the same route same airline last month and if you have AP or a valid visa stamped on your passport then you dont need a transit visa.

Thanks.

Thanks Guys..
I emailed to German consulate and got reply back saying we don't need the transit visa if you are travelling using AP..

I donot know if you go through the germany transit visa required or not but i am sure if you travel through the Paris by air india using Advance Payrole you certainly need a transit visa. So i suggest you to check again with german consulate again. I have heard from some travel agents that we need to take transit visa eventhough we have AP. So because of all these confusion one of my friend traveled through emirates. sorry for not beeing much helpful on this...

Really!??

we went last yr they told its must!?!?check it out properly u will be in trouble later!?!?
Good Luck

my wife recently travelled through frankfurt by air india on advance parole. she did not need a transit visa. she went to india last saturday june 24th, 2006

To my knowledge the rules have recently changed for Indian passport holders that are travelling using AP. A transit visa is no longer required. Since you already have an e-mail confirmation from the consulate, take a print out with you and you should be fine.

Thanks.

Thanks Guys.. I am planning to take the email print out along with me.. I don't understand why things has to be so difficult.. They can publish the rules clearly on their website..
I think that's how all the Govt agencies work... :confused: