Transit Visa - Frankfurt

feb27

Registered Users (C)
I am making a visit to my home country via Frankfurt and planning to return by using AP. I have a valid visa stamped on my passport till Oct 2004. But that visa is from my previous employer. I am working with another employer for the past one year by using EAD.

Do I need to get a transit visa from German consulate? OR the visa which is stamped on my passport (though from the previous employer) is enough to travel via Frankfurt?

Please share your thoughts.

You have to use your Advance Parole only since you have used your EAD.
No need to take transit visa if you remain in the same airport at Frankfurt. Better check with the consulate too as rules change often.

Originally posted by feb27
I am making a visit to my home country via Frankfurt and planning to return by using AP. I have a valid visa stamped on my passport till Oct 2004. But that visa is from my previous employer. I am working with another employer for the past one year by using EAD.

Do I need to get a transit visa from German consulate? OR the visa which is stamped on my passport (though from the previous employer) is enough to travel via Frankfurt?

Please share your thoughts.

Unless you stay there, you don't need to, I think. Take all the necessary documentation. Also check German consulate web site for any additional information.

feb27

Unless you want to go out of the airport and see Germany, You don't need a transit visa in Frankfurt, as you do have a valid H1 stamped in your passport. The German immigration dept doesn't maintain the status of US H1 (whether you are with the same employer or different employer). You will checked for the validity of the H1 only at the port of entry in US, for that you have AP. Don't worry and enjoy the trip.