Transit visa for travel through Amsterdam using AP

nsc2002

I will be travelling through Amstrdam to India. Our stop over time in Amsterdam is 6 hrs. My H1 stamp and my Spouse H4 stamp have expired. We will be using AP to reenter US. Do I need transit visa?

Another issue is that my PD( EB2 Dec 2002 ) has become current in May 2006. And I will be leaving for India around May 1st. If all the stars align( in a good or bad way ) and I hear a decision for my case when I am in India, Would I have problem reentering on AP.

Thanks in advance.

I have the similar question.

I have EAD and AP document.
The current H1B visa stamped is expiring by April 2006.
I am going to India in May and returning in June and going to use Advance Parole at port of entry.
Passing via London.
Will there be any check in India or London while returning?
Do they ask anything about the visa as in the passport the H1B visa would have been expired.
In that case, do they understand AP document stuff if I show to them?

Please let me know your experiences

My PD is Aug 2003 which I hope become current in the June bulletin. So might be in the same boat?? (but this is too much of an expectation huh? :))

Guys,
Im also in the same boat as I have an EAD and AP.I got to know from the consulate of Paris and Britain that we need a transit visa if we dont have a Green Card/Valid H1B.

Please call up the consulate to find out exact details about your situation!

All the Best

The consulate websites usually confuse very much on the transit visa. The requirements says to obtain the transit visa for most of the cases.. and for the exemptions, it says not required to obtain the transit visa for the same cases.. they just make money out of us with this transit visa.

I have the valid transit visa for UK (London). I obtained this when i traveled last time to india and this is valid for 2 years.

But since my passport does not have a valid H1 stamped (H1 expired in april), do they understand the Advance Parole stuff and will there be any issues with the immigration officers in India and London?

Amsterdam is OK

My wife just traveled through Amsterdam on AP. She has expired H-4 but a Valid AP.