Transferring Earlier Priority Dates

vav

Registered Users (C)
Through my previous employer I140 & LC (12/12/2000) was approved. I didn't file for 485 with that company. I left this company :D and joined the client. But later I140 was canceled by the company and LC was used for someone else. I had to leave this client also and joined a consultant firm who has filed I-140 in this year August, by Labour Subsitution, which has priority date as 12/06/2002 in that labour.

Can I use 12/12/2000 priority date while filing for 485?

I have this doubt after reading the comments from Mr.Rajiv Khanna on Priority Dates Retrogression Issues .

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=189095
Please check the following comments by Mr.Rajiv Khanna.
CHANGING EMPLOYER AFTER I-140 APPROVAL
If a person has received an I-140 approval through an employer, the priority date then permanently belongs to him or her. Under very limited circumstances (such as fraud) INS may revoke the I-140 thus causing a loss of priority date. If such a person changes employers, their priority date will remain the old one, even though they have to process their labor certification and I-140 again with the new employer. It does not matter where in USA the new job is located, what the new job title is or whether the new job falls under EB-2 or EB-3. The priority date is still transferable.

Last edited by a moderator: