Transferred case: interview and lawyer

bjmi

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I have received our interview notice. We need a lawyer to be present with us during the interview. However, our lawyer’s firm is in a different state.

Is it good to hire a lawyer from our local area?

If you have similar experience, please post.

Thanks a lot.

What will happen without an attorney?

If we are well prepared for the interview, can we go without an attorney? A green card interview sounds like a bar exam?

If you case doesn't have any complications, you don't need lawyer

We also got the similar interview call for I 485 to the local office and after reviewing all the papers our lawyer said its a staright forward case, you can go on your own; there should be no problem. And he was right, INS officer asked for my employer letter and those standard questions and stamped our passport, Whole process took less than 15 mins.

Check my thread "Approved after Interview @ Detroit INS local office"

Good Luck.

If you case doesn\'t have any complications, you don\'t need lawyer

We also got the similar interview call for I 485 to the local office and after reviewing all the papers our lawyer said its a staright forward case, you can go on your own; there should be no problem. And he was right, INS officer asked for my employer letter and those standard questions and stamped our passport, Whole process took less than 15 mins. Check my thread "Approved after Interview @ Detroit INS local office" Good Luck.