Transfered to Local office (detroit)

Patcha_card

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My case was transfered to detroit office on 09/17/2004.

When can I expect an interview ?

Thanks,
sean

PatchCard Any Update?

Any update on your case? My wife's I485 case is transferred to Detroit on Oct 6, 04 as well. Trying to find out how Detroit is processing the cases.

You should get the interview letter within 15 days. My interview is scheduled for 10/27/2004.

Thanks,
Sean

arch73.

Whe is your interview scheduled. Any tips.

My case got transteferred on Oct 25.
RD: 12/4/2; ND: 12/12/2. Thx.

Approved after interview!
Future employment case joined the sponsor recently.
The officer asked me if my lawyer is joining for the interview and I said No.

Then he asked me where I'm working now. I said that I'm working for Sponsoring company and he asked me "why this change all of a sudden?".

He asked for the current employment letter and I gave it to him.

I said that I wanted to join sponsor after getting 485 approval and said "since the approval is around the corner, Sponsor wanted me to work for them this year.

He then asked, Do you own any stake in this company and how many employees work for sponsor. I gave the answers, "NO and 100 employees" and he said OK.

He then asked me if I have any paychecks. I gave the paychecks for the last couple of months.

Then he went through those regular questions about getting arrested etc. Then he stamped the passports.

He also asked for the original birth certificates and checked with the copies that he received from Nebraska.

That's all he asked from me. (current employment letter, Original Birth certificates, paychecks)

The interview went for like 15 minutes and the officer Modelski was very nice to me. He even talked about his kids other personal stuff.

Good luck to everyone waiting

- Sean

Hello Guys,

I-485: (Employment based)
RD 12/2/2002
Transfered to Detroit on 9/17/2004
Interview and approval on 10/27/2004
Welcome letter received on 11/12/2004
Plastic card received on 11/15/2004

Good luck to all

- Sean

Did Anyone have any Experiance with an officer DUPUIS at Detroit Local office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Experience at Detroit, MI.

1. Officer was friendly, understanding and empathetic.

2. Initially she asked for passports and then took down one fingerprint and asked us to sign a form.

3. The she asked if I was working for the same company that had filed my GC. I told her that I had switched employers in 11/2004. She asked for the new EVL and compared it with some papers (I believe ETA750).

4. The officer asked me the names, dates of joining - the new, previous and the employer that did my initial H1.

5. Officer asked me to verify my address. I told her that MI address is correct for now, but we are planning to move later in the month because of my new job and gave her new address. She said she is not sure in which office's jurisdiction my new address will be and she is not allowed to interview me if I don't live in her jurisdiction.
I told her that my MI address is still valid, I am getting all my mail in MI and I will be moving after the interview. She said ok and wrote down the same and updated the address in all the forms.

6. Then she looked at documents 10b and 10c (see below).

7. The officer then proceeded to ask the questions given behind I485.

8. Then the officer took 10e, 10f and 10g and then stamped the I551 in the passports.

9. The officer also took down my cell phone no and said that she will contact me, if there is any issue in delivering the plastic card at the new address.

10. Complete list of the documents that the officer looked at is:
a. Passports.
b. Joint bank statement: She had initially asked for house papers on joint name. I told her that we are renting and offered a copy of the lease. She said that she has seen lots of frauds in leases, so she will prefer joint bank statements etc. She took copy of bank statement dated 12/2002 (close to marriage) and 11/2004 of the same bank.
c. Original marriage certificate.
d. EVL.
e. Original AP, EAD cards, I94.
f. Copy of I140 approval.
g. Photos.
The officer retained d, e, f, g and copies of b.

Thanks to all of you ... especially to United Nations and Ginnu.

Last edited by a moderator: