Transfered to Cincinnati office for 485 interview

2002september

Registered Users (C)
My I485 case was transfered to Cincinnati office for scheduling interview. Mine is an NIW case, RD 9/14/2002, 2nd FP 7/26/2004, transfered on 8/12/2004. Does anyone at this forum have interview experience at Cincinnati office?

Your input will be greatly appreciated!

2002september

Case transferred to Cincinnati

My I485 is also transferred to Cincinnati OH. Following are my details.

Vermont / EB3 / Labor Substitution
Concurrent Filing 140/485/EAD/AP
RD 06/09/04
ND 06/10/04

140 AD 10/21/04

No Finger Print notices yet.

Yes, my case was filed in Vermont, but I currently work in Columbus OH. That is the reason I think they transferred my case.

I welcome other memebers who got transferred to Cincinnati to post their details in this thread and share their experiences.

Thank you

Just want to update my FP details done at Columbus, OH ASC.

FP Notice Recd 11/15/2004
FP Done 12/07/2004
LUD on 485 12/13/2004 (FP Results received and processing resumed).

My wife was given a different date(12/10/2004) for FP. But we went there together and got both done without any questions.

transfer

Have you interviews scheduled yet from Cincinnati? My case was filed at NSC (RD 11/2002), NSC to VSC transfer on 12/15/04, VSC to cincinnati transfer on 12/30/04. waiting to hear from Cincinnati. I moved from Columbus, OH to MA in July, 2004. Please throw some light on Cincinnati's workings.

No updates since FP

pras01 said:
Have you interviews scheduled yet from Cincinnati? My case was filed at NSC (RD 11/2002), NSC to VSC transfer on 12/15/04, VSC to cincinnati transfer on 12/30/04. waiting to hear from Cincinnati. I moved from Columbus, OH to MA in July, 2004. Please throw some light on Cincinnati's workings.

I have completed FPs as posted in the above message. But haven't seen any other updates since then.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat and do not have any other information to share. I regulalry search these forums, but haven't come across any post with interview experiences. Looks like only lucky few gets transferred to Cincinnati. :rolleyes:

Cincinnati

Case transferred from VSC to Cincinnati on 12/30/04 (even though I live in MA). Cincinnati calls for interview in about 90 days. My lawyer says to leave the case in Cincinnati as other local offices are moving much more slowly than Cincinnati. I hope I receive the interview letter.

transfer

I received email from VSC on 12/30/04 that my case was transferred to Cincinnati for interview and that Cincinnati will contact me. How long does it take for Cincinnati to contact me 15 days, 30 days, 45 days, 60 days, or more?

pras01 said:
I received email from VSC on 12/30/04 that my case was transferred to Cincinnati for interview and that Cincinnati will contact me. How long does it take for Cincinnati to contact me 15 days, 30 days, 45 days, 60 days, or more?

If you look at the current processing times for Cincinnati, it shows I485 date as Apr 19 2004. If your notice date is prior to this you can call them to verify the status. If not, I think you will have to wait longer. Unfortunately these dates do not move along calendar, so there is no way of predicting how soon or late we are going to get interview calls.

So far I haven not yet received any communication from them reg my case.

local office

The I-485 processing date for Cincinnati local office is only for Family based applications that are filed at local office. There is no processing date for transferred cases. Asking each other gives us some idea of how they are processing. It appears to me that your case was transferred from VSC to Cincinnati in 10/2004. You got an FP notice in 11/2004, I assume it was from Cincinnati. It appears that they opened your file and took action in <90 days. This gives me some shred of hope. Let me know if you think otherwise. Did your FP notice come from Cincinnati or VSC? Thanks a lot.

Fp

pras01 said:
The I-485 processing date for Cincinnati local office is only for Family based applications that are filed at local office. There is no processing date for transferred cases. Asking each other gives us some idea of how they are processing. It appears to me that your case was transferred from VSC to Cincinnati in 10/2004. You got an FP notice in 11/2004, I assume it was from Cincinnati. It appears that they opened your file and took action in <90 days. This gives me some shred of hope. Let me know if you think otherwise. Did your FP notice come from Cincinnati or VSC? Thanks a lot.

Though my status message says the case was transferred to Cincinnati, I received my finger print notice from Columbus, OH office(It was actually mailed from Columbus). The notice provided the Columbus office address for FP and I completed it there. I am no longer sure where my case is :confused:

Columbus

I suspect that your file is in Columbus. Why don't you take an appointment and ask? I believe Friday 8-12 Pm is the walk-in time for Columbus office. You can also check this website by searching "Columbus" and see what others say about Columbus.

rv

Rv, what is happening to your case? Did you go into the Columbus office and ask them about your case?

pras01 said:
Rv, what is happening to your case? Did you go into the Columbus office and ask them about your case?

Not much. No LUDs or message changes recently. I haven't seen any posts with positive feedback from people who visited local offices with status inquiries. I think we will have to give it some more time.

My understanding is there is no LUD changes after the case goes to local office. All normal methods of tracking stop.

EAD transfer

We applied for my daughter's 3EAD renewal on 1/19/05 to VSC. VSC transferred it today to Cleveland, OH. Our I-485 was transferred to Cincinnati on 12/31/05, for no rhyme or reason. I moved from columbus, OH in June 2004 to MA and I updated my new address (both by calling NCSC and mailing the AR-11. At least the I-765 application clearly has our current address. :eek:

Thats so weird and ridiculous on VSCs part. :eek: One case to Cincinnati, other to Columbus while you are currently living next door to them. Hope your 485 will be cleared soon so that you can move away from this monkey business of USCIS.

My I-131 (AP) and dependent's I-765 (EAD) got transferred to Cleveland. So am I to presume that our I-485 is in Cleveland now (not in Cincinnati)?