Transfer to Sacramento....Why ?

december stud

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Please help me out here.....the case status on USCIS website got updated for my wife and I just today. This is pretty much what it says :

On XXX, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SACRAMENTO, CA for them to
schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our
office in SACRAMENTO, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or
take other action on your case.

Not sure why this happened. I browsed through the other threads in the forum and I am not sure I got all the answers. I would REALLY appreciate any help from you guys.

If you need more info about me, my wife and I have not changed my address since applying for 485 (already got my EAD and AP). I have not changed my job at all. No arrests whatsoever. So, I don't get it.

Here's something else you need to know.....last year when I had sent my passport to the Department of State for H1-B visa stamping, they had stamped somebody else's visa in my passport. I guess they realized te mistake, and later they cancelled that visa and stamped my visa in the next page. But, obviously my passport still (forever ?) has the other guy's visa (with his photo and all the details). Do you think that may be the issue ? I can't think of anything else.

I just want to make sure...last month the case status said that "results for fingerprint review was received and the case processing has resumed". Does that mean I passed FBI fingerprint and name checks ? (On another note, I know I have passed name check a few months ago since I was volunteering for a big event and that needed a FBI name check).

Is it really required to take my attorney to the interview ? I work for a very large firm and our immigration lawyers are in a different state.

And finally folks, how will the interview be ? Is that an ordeal or should I take this whole thing really easy ?

Please help me, I am so confused...as I said I work for a big firm and I have never heard anybody else in my office go through such a thing.

My details :

I-140 approved in 2000.
Recently got married and applied for 485.
EB2 Non-Concurrent
485 RD - 8/27/2004
485 ND - 9/2/2004
FP done - 10/5/2004
USCIS status updated with "FP results received" message - 10/12/2004
EAD approved - 10/28/2004
AP approved - 10/28/2004

Last edited by a moderator: