Transfer to NYC

laborpain

Registered Users (C)
:eek:
:confused:

VCS automailing notified me today that my case (a hot potato) has been transfered to nyc for interview... Does this mean a wait-time of a month or two (based on my RD of oct 2002) or a baking period with INS "precision" (i.e. 2 to 900 months)?

My RD is Oct 2002; It is an EB2 case; i140 approved in 2003. I had fp done twice (most recent one in sept 04)

I am looking for any and all ponderances, wishes, flames, ideas, predictions and opinions (humble and/or otherwise).
:confused:

the pain continues...

Last edited by a moderator:
You may read 'New York City Transfer' thread and post there as well. I think waiting time is about 6-8 months from transfer date, but some people think it counts from PD or RD, so earlier RD may wait less. You will find a lot of info in the above thread.

Hey Laborpain

Well if your case is transfered then u are looking at 6-12 monts wait time approximately. You should now be a visitor of the 485 Local Transfer thread in NY City transfers.

See you there

All the best.

Newyorker012

I'm on the same boat. But my notice said that they completed initial review of 1-485. Did yours say that too? My lawyer had said that it should take at least 3 months, but she's seen it take longer too - whatever that means. I guess you're looking at around 4-6 months until you hear about a date.

Dealia74,

My notice says 'prelim processing completed'. Transferred may 2004.

no news yet. EAD, AP got xferred.

regards,

My case says,in order to speed processing we have tranferred your case to:
Javits Fed.Buliding 26 Federal plaza
Rm. 1-102 Worth st.Entrance,New York 10278

Anybody have this experience before?
Thanks,

dealia74,

You got your ead, ap from nyc local office.

Did you apply in vermont and got xferred or apply to local office.

if so, do you know how long will it take for them to approve and what is the procedure in local office.

pls update.

regards,