transfer to NSC , urgent please advise

485WAITFOREVER

Registered Users (C)
hi all

I have applied for 485 in VSC (RD = feb 2002)
Now I have a job offer offer from ST.paul / minniapolis
I am still on H1B.

What happens if I take the JOb offer

1. Does it get transfered to local INS directly and they schedule Inter view ?

2. Does the case sit in the NSC , till NSC reached the processing dates of Feb 2002.

3. Do I get a new receipt date and that is the date my case was received in NSC and what would be the processing times for this case then

4. What would be the local INS office in my case and what are they wait times for interviews ?

Thanks and pls consider this urgent and any information is really appretiated.

-Raj

Iam in a similar situation, (i filed my 485 from NJ) and I had the same doubt. I started on a new job in Indiana, with the same fear that my case would be transferred to NSC, Iam planning to sub-lease my aprtment in NJ to one of our friends.

My attorney did not answer this question. He was saying it may or may not transfer. As long as u maintain the same address, u need not file AR11.

Hope this helps.

Please, urgently need advise on this issue.

Especially any case like this got approved, or transferred, or denied after April 9 when Baltimore local BCIS evoked request for guidance on this issue.

To Attorney Jim Mills : need assistance

please advise on the following post ...
need clarification soon..before I get back to my new employer

THanks in advance
-Raj

sai sree please update

Are you saying that you joined a new employer and not notify the INS ?

I thought you had to , to be on the safe side if you receive an RFE

does any one disagree ?

-Raj

sai sree please update
Are you saying that you joined a new employer and not notify the INS ?

I thought you had to , to be on the safe side if you receive an RFE
does any one disagree ?

My attorney suggested that there is no need to inform INS abt change of Job. As per his suggestion I have not changed the job on my own, a lay off from the sponsoring employer, forced me to join a new employer.

He suggested me to wait until an RFE is issued at all. There are many cases who changed jobs and not informed INS, and produced the employment letter from the new employer to answer the RFE.

sai sree please update , thx

how will you justify your new location and new job with the new Employment letter

Isn't it asking for trouble for not complying with AR -11

How can you live in NJ and be a employee of Indiana ?

I guess I am missing something here ?

Does the Filing of the INS service centr go by where you stay or where your employer is ?

I think people who have not notified INS about change of job can take the risk if the job is in the same state or atleast under the same Service centre jurisdiction

please update