transfer to LA

shangh71

Registered Users (C)
Instead of a good news, I just got an e-mails showing that the case was transferred to LA office on 7/20. I was very depressed to find out that I was thrown into another black hole. I guess the main reason should be 245i. I was out of status for 3 yr. Besides that, my case is straightforward. Stay with the same employer. No address change. No criminal records. I am really worried about what would happen..
1, According to my atterny, I can not prepare anything until I receive the appointment letter which should indicate the documents I need to prepare. Is that right?
2, The processing date in LA office is 11/2003. Is that mean I have to wait at least 8 mo to see some progress?
3, How do I explain that 3 ys ? Apparently I’ve been working illegally in order to survive.
4, Worst of the worst, would should I do if they deny the case?

I’ve been rely on this site so much. Hope some one could share they experience or knowledge

Thanks a lot.

Sorry to hear about this. You can still prepare employment related documents beforehand. There were some interview threads in this forum you can search and find out what the officer had asked for. I don't know what extra documents will be needed for a 245i case. Will your lawyer accompany you to the interview?

I don't think you need to explain the 3 years unless asked. As long as you meet the qualifications, I don't think 245i demands knowing your reason.

JKUO,

Thanks for your words. I did research and found that it could take 6 mo to 2 Ys to receive the interview appointment. I guess I will decide at that time if I should have my lawyer go with me.

shangh71 said:
JKUO,

Thanks for your words. I did research and found that it could take 6 mo to 2 Ys to receive the interview appointment. I guess I will decide at that time if I should have my lawyer go with me.

Relax. From other posts, I understand that cases transferred get some level of priority and are called earlier than the local processing time.