Trafic ticket: Certificate of disposition

helloforum

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Please advise on my certificate of disposition for a speeding ticket. The document says, "Date of Arrest".. BUT I was never arrested! I was stopped by the cop for speeding, was asked to go to the court, and paid the fine as usual.

For a speeding ticket (about 5 years old), I requested/have received a certificate of disposition from a NY Town court (crminal part) that mentioned on the top section as follows:

People of the State of NY vs. Myself (defendant)
Case No: xxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xx/xx/xxxx
Date of Arrest: xx/xx/xxxx
Disposition Date: xx/xx/xxxx

In the middle section, it talks about:
Section Charged: VTL (xxxx-x)
Section Disposed: VTL (xxxx-x)
Ticket No & Description: My ticket#, Speeding
Disposition: Fine/fee
Fine: $$ amount

Then it mentions,
"Upon a proper request for an official statement of disposition, I certify that the above named defendant having appeared before this court was charged as shown above. Each of the charges was disposed of as indicated."

Is it usual for a certificate of disposition? Should I call the court? Thanks for your comments!

I called the court/ vs wrote a letter to them and they mailed me imediately payment stub of credit card and a letter telling my fine of $80 was filed in 2003.

I'll take a shot but I do not have any disposition records to compare with

The only thing I can think of is getting an english description of the violation that you were charged and based on the description the DO should be able to deduce that this was minor traffic infraction (as opposed to a misdemeanor or a felony). I am not sure if one could be arrested for an infraction? maybe it is possible if they do not charge you with any violation.

It is good that were able to obtain copies of the disposition, I had no luck getting disposition information from any of the courts I contacted, most of them in Southern California, one in Northern California (Yosemite), one in Kentucky and another in New York. The one in Yosemite I just got the ticket on Dec 25th 2006, the clerk says the only proof I need is my copy of the cancelled check and certified mailing receipts??, they do not even want to spend time to print or type up a disposition..go figure :confused:

helloforum said:
Hello,

Please advise on my certificate of disposition for a speeding ticket. The document says, "Date of Arrest".. BUT I was never arrested! I was stopped by the cop for speeding, was asked to go to the court, and paid the fine as usual.

For a speeding ticket (about 5 years old), I requested/have received a certificate of disposition from a NY Town court (crminal part) that mentioned on the top section as follows:

Then it mentions,
"Upon a proper request for an official statement of disposition, I certify that the above named defendant having appeared before this court was charged as shown above. Each of the charges was disposed of as indicated."

Is it usual for a certificate of disposition? Should I call the court? Thanks for your comments!

Where to Start?

I am in process of collecting my documents for N400. I got two SPEEDING tickets and this is all I remember about them:
Ticket 1:
March/April - 1995 on I-285 in NJ. Do not remember the county.

Ticket 2:
May/June - 1995 on I-90 in MA. Again do not remember the county.

At the time, I had NY Driver License. Now I am in Detroit. Please advise how can I get information about these two tickets.
Any leads will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

They were more than 10 years ago. Report what you remember on the N-400 (saying that you paid them off), and forget about it. I cannot imagine them insisting that you completely document 10 year old minor traffic tickets.

Hello,

Then it mentions,

Yes, this is usual for a court disposition in some courts. I got 2 court dispositions for traffic tickets -- both for speeding in which I just got a regular ticket. One of them mentions "date of arrest" the other mentions "date of citation" -- dont worry about it. I had no problems or questions about either one during the interview.

Do not remember County

Try to remember the City where you got the ticket. A little research on the Internet will give you the court. However, many places only keep last 7 years records. What I did was ask for a Screen Print out and they sent me that. Otherwise do the best to remember and tell that to the Officer during your interview.