Traffic violation documentation required by USCIS

lostmom

Registered Users (C)
In 2008, I had a minor traffic ticket(worth 2 points). I had backed into a static car and caused an accident. I had reported this on N-400.Now I have received a letter from USCIS requesting for complete documtnation of what happened and how was it resolved.They will accept original or certified copies.Unfortunately, I am not able to find the original records in my house. Any ideas where I can request this documentation from? I had appeared in court and paid apprx $430 to settle the charges as the judge had downgraded the traffic ticket from 2 points to zero points.

.Now I have received a letter from USCIS requesting for complete documtnation of what happened and how was it resolved

If this letter is the yellow letter, you can ignore it. If this letter is a letter after your interview, then it is different

In 2008, I had a minor traffic ticket(worth 2 points). I had backed into a static car and caused an accident. I had reported this on N-400.Now I have received a letter from USCIS requesting for complete documtnation of what happened and how was it resolved.They will accept original or certified copies.Unfortunately, I am not able to find the original records in my house. Any ideas where I can request this documentation from? I had appeared in court and paid apprx $430 to settle the charges as the judge had downgraded the traffic ticket from 2 points to zero points.

Was this a post-interview request from USCIS?
If so, you should be able to get the necessary documentation regarding the ticket's disposition from the court where you paid the fine. Contact the court's clerk and they'll tell you what to do.