Tracking Processing time

Asyle12

Registered Users (C)
I am a little bit confuse with the processing time. According to the schedule, my application will be processed around Oct 08 - Sept 09 but I just had my FP done on July 20, and I asked the person who works there about the processing time after FP and they said usually it takes take 6 month to process and to approve the application... :confused:

So, now I am trying to make a list, just for the record to see, how long is the actual processing time for I485.

Please use this standard:
Receipt #:
RD :
ND :
FP :
RFE:
Approved:

Thank you :)

This is mine
Receipt # : LIN -01xxxx
RD :09/01
ND :10/01
FP:7/04
RFE: I dont know
Approve: none

It depends..

First, the schedule is only an estimate. In fact it's not accurate at all in lieu of the current cut-off time. So in reality the INS is slightly ahead of itself.

As for the FP, this issue has been debated for a while on this forum, just check old posts. Some people suggested that the INS is doing this as a result of the recent law suit, and they are either acting in good faith (hard to believe), or just covering up their screw-up and trying to convince the court that they are doing something. Because if you look at it, I do not think they will be able to process all the cases up to 01 (who knows!), and the fP has a certain validity tie before they expire, and if your case is not processed by that time, you would have to redo it again.

bringslite said:
First, the schedule is only an estimate. In fact it's not accurate at all in lieu of the current cut-off time. So in reality the INS is slightly ahead of itself.

As for the FP, this issue has been debated for a while on this forum, just check old posts. Some people suggested that the INS is doing this as a result of the recent law suit, and they are either acting in good faith (hard to believe), or just covering up their screw-up and trying to convince the court that they are doing something. Because if you look at it, I do not think they will be able to process all the cases up to 01 (who knows!), and the fP has a certain validity tie before they expire, and if your case is not processed by that time, you would have to redo it again.
I think that the INS is doing FP far ahead of the schedule to root out possible terrorists. The department of homeland security is trying to trace everyone who applied for asylum to make sure that he/she does not affiliate with a terrorist group. They recently arrested an asylee from Somalia and charged him with conspiring to blow up malls in ohio. I agree that these are estimates but they are close to the true dates. Even when the INS is ahead of itself the change is very slight. For example, a year ago it was estimated the cut point for approval would be september but it now changed to November.

Asyle12 said:
I am a little bit confuse with the processing time. According to the schedule, my application will be processed around Oct 08 - Sept 09 but I just had my FP done on July 20, and I asked the person who works there about the processing time after FP and they said usually it takes take 6 month to process and to approve the application... :confused:

So, now I am trying to make a list, just for the record to see, how long is the actual processing time for I485.

Please use this standard:
Receipt #:
RD :
ND :
FP :
RFE:
Approved:

Thank you :)

This is mine
Receipt # : LIN -01xxxx
RD :09/01
ND :10/01
FP:7/04
RFE: I dont know
Approve: none
Asyle12, Here is my info:
Receipt #: LIN-02-xxx-xxxx
RD :06/20/2002
ND :07/06/2002
FP :07/20/2004
RFE: ?
Approved: ?

Good luck,
Den

Guys,don't be rediculous.If your ND is 2002 just relax and forget about it at least until 2007-2008.There is no way you gone be approved the next 2 years.Chill down and live your life,it is not that bad :) :) :)

Gebre

balajishop said:
i grant my asylum on 1999 but untill today i dont get my green card i just did fingerprint on june i dont know when?
when is your ND?
i guess u apply GC in 2000, so should be next year or 2006

i grant my asylum on 1999 but untill today i dont get my green card i just did fingerprint on june i dont know when?

I dunno where I read this (maybe it was in this forum itself :D ) but previously the INS/BCIS would take fingerprints but they would expire in 15 months and you needed to do them again.
However, now they digitally store your fingerprint when they take it at the Application Service center.. so they will not need to call you again even your fringerprints expire.. they can jsut send the old one out to the FBI again to obtain updates when they need... might provide another explanation for their taking fingerprints from people in adance

Mwalam,

I sincerely wish it was true that they do not have to call people again and again just to take their fingerprints when they already have them in electronic system. I think it may have been me who suggested that once they have an applicant's FP in the system then they can get those verified at a regular interval or prior to application approval. As it is unnecssary for the applicant's to keep showing up for FP is very inefficient....

I do hope that if they adopt this then there will lot less overhead of generating FP requests for applicants who are waiting for their cases to process for an extended period of time.

Regards,