Track I-485 Approvals (After new Name Check 180 day rule)

whatsupwithgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Let us use this thread to track I-485 approvals as we may see due to the effect of the USCIS 180 day rule on name check...

Please share your approvals...

Good thread. I hope people who start seeing approvals due to this new rule will post their approvals here.

What is the new 180-day rule? My name check has been pending for 3.5 years...Thanks.

Great News. How can we know the date that our file has been sent FBI for Name Check. It looks like that USCIS will not tell us the date. I tried twice and I received information as it went for name check. But they did not tell me the date. I understand the approval is depending on PD also. But at least we can be happy if we know that 180 days has crossed in our cases.

Thanks

When does the EB2-U become current for India?

I thought they looked at it every quarter. Isn't that true?
Do we have to wait until Oct 2008 to see any movement at all?

I thought they looked at it every quarter. Isn't that true?
Do we have to wait until Oct 2008 to see any movement at all?
To question above: Namecheck is initiated right after submission of i485.
U means that all visa numbers for this year were used (someone correct me if that is wrong)

Michvin:

Yes, I understand. Have been stuck in namecheck since Oct 2005. My PD was current until January, now with this new legislation, my case could've been adjudicated but for the EB2 becoming unavailable for Indian nationals.

My question was: How is visa allocation computed? Is it every quarter or every year? If every year, I assume that visa numbers for Indian nationals WILL remain unavailable until Oct 2008. If every quarter, there is a non-zero probability of something opening up on April 1st.

Great News. How can we know the date that our file has been sent FBI for Name Check. It looks like that USCIS will not tell us the date. I tried twice and I received information as it went for name check. But they did not tell me the date. I understand the approval is depending on PD also. But at least we can be happy if we know that 180 days has crossed in our cases.

Thanks

You can contact your local congressman or senator. They can find it from FBI.

Michvin:

Yes, I understand. Have been stuck in namecheck since Oct 2005. My PD was current until January, now with this new legislation, my case could've been adjudicated but for the EB2 becoming unavailable for Indian nationals.

My question was: How is visa allocation computed? Is it every quarter or every year? If every year, I assume that visa numbers for Indian nationals WILL remain unavailable until Oct 2008. If every quarter, there is a non-zero probability of something opening up on April 1st.
The way I understand the process is (this is MY understanding, read with caution): Application is adjudicated to the point where all that is left is visa #. Then USCIS requests visa from DOS. There were rumors about preadjudication and pre-assignment of visa numbers - I never heard a solid confirmation that this actually happen.

The way I understand the process is (this is MY understanding, read with caution): Application is adjudicated to the point where all that is left is visa #. Then USCIS requests visa from DOS. There were rumors about preadjudication and pre-assignment of visa numbers - I never heard a solid confirmation that this actually happen.

Michvin: What happens to those stuck in FBI Namecheck of EB2 category from India for the past 6 months+?
Assuming that their visa numbers were current when the request was sent to FBI for namecheck, and the namecheck results were never returned, this simply puts them in the wait loop until their PD becomes current.

This is where my question is: How often does USCIS look at visa numbers, and determine availability? They cannot adjudicate your case (=> give you the GC) until your PD becomes current.

Michvin: What happens to those stuck in FBI Namecheck of EB2 category from India for the past 6 months+?
Assuming that their visa numbers were current when the request was sent to FBI for namecheck, and the namecheck results were never returned, this simply puts them in the wait loop until their PD becomes current.

This is where my question is: How often does USCIS look at visa numbers, and determine availability? They cannot adjudicate your case (=> give you the GC) until your PD becomes current.
I'm afraid you have to have visa # avail for you at the moment your case is ready for approval. Again, I never saw any solid confirmation about visa pre-assignment, which, of course, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I hope for the best.

Thanks

I found out with an infopass appointment. I had applied on May 10th, 2006 and they send it for NC on May 22nd 2006.
I think it'll be very close (about a month) since filing for your 485.

Thanks nj_skm

How long do we need to wait to get infopass appontment after applying 485. I sent files in mid of June 2007. But ND is July 2007. I had two LUDs. 0ne 08/16/07, I think for my FP. Then I had on 08/17/07. Can I assume the second one as date that USCIS sent file to FBI.

I found out with an infopass appointment. I had applied on May 10th, 2006 and they send it for NC on May 22nd 2006.
I think it'll be very close (about a month) since filing for your 485.

Thanks nj_skm

How long do we need to wait to get infopass appontment after applying 485. I sent files in mid of June 2007. But ND is July 2007. I had two LUDs. 0ne 08/16/07, I think for my FP. Then I had on 08/17/07. Can I assume the second one as date that USCIS sent file to FBI.

Assumptions don't always work, do they? Technically if you are behind by more than 180 days then the USCIS considers that your case is delayed.
Since your ND is July 2007, you could go for it. However, if you're in the India/EB2 combo, then it's 'U' so you don't get much help.
However, I recommend that you do take the appointment and go and talk to them. If you're lucky and talk to a friendly person, he might tell you what's going on.

Thanks nj_skm. I will

Regards,
Assumptions don't always work, do they? Technically if you are behind by more than 180 days then the USCIS considers that your case is delayed.
Since your ND is July 2007, you could go for it. However, if you're in the India/EB2 combo, then it's 'U' so you don't get much help.
However, I recommend that you do take the appointment and go and talk to them. If you're lucky and talk to a friendly person, he might tell you what's going on.

You can very well assume that your NC was initiated about 7-14 days from your ND (Notice Date). USCIS sends names on tapes in batches every few days to FBI.

As such if your ND is July '07, you can safely assume that you have passed the 180 day mark.

Thanks

My online message to :

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. blah blah blah

No idea what does this mean :-(