Tracing RFE - Can myself or new attorney call BCIS?

sai_srinivas

Registered Users (C)
I have switched companies on AC-21 in NOV 2004. Not informed about it to BCIS yet.

I have changed attorney a month back (Feb 1st 2005) and my old attorney is no longer supporting me. My new attorney has filed G-28 in Feb 2005.

Unfortunately an RFE has been issued few days back (Mar 1st 2005) in my 485 stage. Now i do not know whether RFE is sent to old attorney or new attorney.

Old attorney is not even responding to our calls. What do we do now? Can my self or the new attorney contact BCIS after 14 days wait for requesting a duplicate of RFE? Or should we do it right away or we need to follow some other process? Please let me know.

sai_srinivas said:
I have switched companies on AC-21 in NOV 2004. Not informed about it to BCIS yet.

I have changed attorney a month back (Feb 1st 2005) and my old attorney is no longer supporting me. My new attorney has filed G-28 in Feb 2005.

Unfortunately an RFE has been issued few days back (Mar 1st 2005) in my 485 stage. Now i do not know whether RFE is sent to old attorney or new attorney.

Old attorney is not even responding to our calls. What do we do now? Can my self or the new attorney contact BCIS after 14 days wait for requesting a duplicate of RFE? Or should we do it right away or we need to follow some other process? Please let me know.
Write a letter to your service center mentioning revokation of old G-28 with old attorney. Ask them to forward all RFE's to new attorney. You'll have 12 weeks to answer RFE so hurry up and send letter ASAP. You may also call 800 # and talk with them about this revokation of old G-28.

sai_srinivas said:

Ask your new attorney to send your old attorney a letter requesting all documents related to your case.
Also Call and fax USCIS asking them to send RFE again to new address.

I think you should call USCIS, its not easy to get to a human voice, but take time and try out a few permutations of options. Remember, most of the time, you will get to a regular USCIS employee, sometimes if your question is complex they will put you to an Immigration Officer, if they dont try asking them, if they can put you to an Immigration Officer.. often, if you start with AC21 situation, most likely they will transfer you to an officer themselves..Good Luck.

I called BCIS and they asked me to write a letter to them requesting for a copy a of RFE and new address. Does any one have any experience of this type of thins? How long it took to get the duplicate of the RFE?

basic rfe q

sai_srinivas,
how do you know an rfe was issued?
was the online case status updated or did you receive an email?

thanks,