Tourist visa for UK

Manu.mamu

Hello,

I am about to apply for a UK tourist visa. I just want to go for 5 days. I am currently on H1 visa here and my current visa is about to expire on 09.29.2010. I'm planning to re-enter US on 09.20.2010. Will that be a problem since my visa is expiring in a week? I do have my H1 renewed and I797C and I94 papers until 02/15/2013 for my current (new) employer.

Any inputs appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Manu.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not bothered about getting my visa from British consulate. If i get it, I fly. My concern is about the re-entry into US. I'm apprehensive that at the port of entry that might not grant me entry because my US visa is about to expire in a week. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks a ton for the response. got a better picture now. Yes i have started the Application process and tomorrow is my Biometrics. Will keep this page updated on how it goes.

Regards,
Manu.

Hi Mombasa and Manu,

I saw this thread and thought of asking you a question.

I am on H1B here in US and want to apply for Visit visa (not tourist visa) to UK.

I have a valid I797 but the US visa stamping on my passport is expired. Will there be a problem with this for not getting the UK visa ?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks
Kewl

here some information about it....

enefits

The UK tourist visa lasts for up to two years if it is granted for multiple entries. A person can stay on a visitor visa for a maximum of six months except for medical visitors who can extend their leave to remain if required. As outlined above, the key benefit of a UK Business Visit Visa, or a visa for tourism is that the requirements on the part of the applicant are few. Unlike longer-term business visa, student visas or the Tier 1 visa, this short-term visa service allows its holder to enter the country freely and in the case of business people, to engage in a range of business activities without the more demanding requirements of other immigration services.
Public Funding

To be eligible for a UK visit visa you must be able to support and accommodate yourself without recourse to public funds. You must also intend to return home at the expiry of your UK travel visa. If a person has family settled in the UK an Entry Clearance Officer may question a person's intention to return home. For a UK visit visa to be granted it is important to note that it is not just your Immigration history that will be taken into account but that of your family.
Visit Visas for Medical Purposes

Medical Visitor visas are often issued to individuals who wish to attend the UK for medical treatment. In the past, the UK was a highly respected destination for medical Visitors. From IVF to plastic surgery it was accepted that the United Kingdom was a leader in these fields.

Today, fewer people attend the UK for medical treatment however, it is still important to note that a Medical Visitor visa can only be granted in certain cases. For a visa to be granted a person must not have a terminal illness and the treatment concerned must be private.

A medical visa is granted for six months at a time and is renewable for the duration of the treatment. Once again the grant can either be for a single entry, or for multiple entries for those people who wish to continue their treatment as an outpatient, only flying into the UK for appointments.

As for your uk visa, having read hundreds of posts all over the internet about people who got denied it is my opinion that they will claim you are inadmissible because your visa is expiring and you want an 'escape hatch' into the UK where you plan to remain indefinitely (even if you had a greencard.

I spent 3 years living in the UK. It is fairly easy to find a job if you are dedicated and hard-working. The UK visa is the hardest part of the whole experience but I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

hi all, actually i am new here. I would be very gratefull if anybody could advise me in my quiry:

Basically, I have the intention to apply for uk visit visa by next month. I believe i am eligible to be granted, excep for one point:
Longback, 1998 I applied for UK visit visa and it was rejected on the grounds that
1) I have not presented sufficient proof for funding my trip
2) no suffiecient proof for a good established relationship between me and the invitor, who sent me the invitation letter at that time

My question, for this time, to complete the application, I have to answer whether I have been rejected before to visa ? Do I need to reply by Yes or NO
bearing in mind that it is now almost 13 years since that date of rejection.

Please advise.

am new going to uk for visiting and it my sister that has a school government approve sponsoring my trip. what are the things we need. please i need good answers