Took Oath Ceremony - San Diego - IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

NealSD

Registered Users (C)
Attended Oath Ceremony - San Diego - IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

My info:

PD: February 2003
Fingerprint: April 2003
Interview: December 2003
Oath letter : January 2004
Oath ceremony: February 2004

Whew - I'm glad it's over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

My timeline is three months after yours. I had my interview in Feb. Can you tell me what was your interview result? Namely, did the officer tell you that your application is pending the "name check", etc.?

Thanks.

Originally posted by yuxiangisme
Congratulations!

My timeline is three months after yours. I had my interview in Feb. Can you tell me what was your interview result? Namely, did the officer tell you that your application is pending the "name check", etc.?

Thanks.

No, not really. After I answered all the questions, y'know - us history, blah, blah, blah - the officer handed me the paper saying I passed the test and my application was recommended for approval - not a single thing was mentioned on "name check" during the whole interview. The officer then said to wait for the oath letter to arrive within the next 30 days or so. Sure enough, I received the oath letter within 4 weeks!

nealSD:

My oath ceremony is scheduled on March 9, at 8:30am in San Diego.

Can you describe your experience? Any dos and don'ts? Such as parking, family member attending, documents to bring, etc.?

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by yuxiangisme
nealSD:

My oath ceremony is scheduled on March 9, at 8:30am in San Diego.

Can you describe your experience? Any dos and don'ts? Such as parking, family member attending, documents to bring, etc.?

Thanks a lot!

Hey congratulations yuxiangisme.

It doesn't really start at 8:30, more like 10:00. When you get there I suggest using Horton Plaza as your parking and walk from there. Expect to see a ridiculously long line formation and be prepared to stand in line for a good one hour. Why?, because for every citizen-to-be there's at least two relatives accompanying him or her and they are in the line as well. But once you get to the entrance door the relatives are prohibited to enter the hall unless they too are to be naturalized.