Today I spoke to local IO (Info Pass)

goudpmk

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Today I spoke to local IO and have been told my name check is pending. IO told me just keep wait one day it will come.

Is there any thing which I can speed up my NC clear.

Thanks,

Goudpmk

Most people who are stuck in the I-485 process for one year or more are due to FBI name checks. You can find tons of threads on this forum about that topic. Basically there is no magic way to expedite NC, you may try your senators or First Lady, or even consider WOM, but end result is not guaranteed.

Ultimately it will have to be a new legislation that can clean up the mess.

Here is list of thing i did so far no result....

1) Sent Email to FBI Name check division in Dec 2004 and got reply from them in June 2005 that our Name Check result were sent back to USCIS in Jan(spouse) & July(myself).
2) Spoke to IO @ local USCIS office in August 2007, as per them Name check still pending since 2005.....
3) Sent another email to FBI name check division, no reply yet
4) Sent letter to Congressmen
5) Sent letter to Senator
6) Sent letter to Odumbusman

waiting for any result......

I am in the same boat, PD 2002, I-485 PD Sept. 2005, and name check started Oct. 2005, FBI result still pending per comgressman reply. So hopeless.

How to followup on 485 stuck in "background checks"

Magic_mail,

I am a newbie to posting in this forum and but been reading for a few months.

I had opened a service request for my 485 case by calling cust svc and I received a mail stating that "background checks not completed so case is not ready for decision. Contact us if you dont hear from us in 6 months."

Since it looks like my case is stuck in name check, what follow up can I do to help expedite my case? What email address do I use to check with FBI regarding status of name check?

Also, when we call customer service 1-800 number is there any way to talk to an Immigration Officer ?It looks like most of the folks are just customer service people who are just reading from a script and not able to provide any help.

BTW my PD is 2002 (EB2) and 485 filed in VSC in 2006 and transferred to VSC in march 2007. No LUD since then except for once during EAD renewal.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide.