Today I FedEx my AOS .... and now??

1. You will get Receipt Notices
2. Finger print appointment letter
3. If you haven't submitted all documents necessary, RFE (Request for Evidence) IF ANY
4. AP, EAD if any (if you've filed)
5. Interview letter (OR)
Case Transfer to CSC and approval w/out interview

3, 4 and 5 need not be necessarily in that order, although in most cases it is.

1. The development of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder starts gradually (as SomeIT said) with hours of endless computer checking.

2. Paranoid schizophrenia edges in when you begin checking other peoples timelines and notice they're different from yours.

3. Flight of Ideas may or may not occur with tangential thinking.

4. Reclusiveness sets in after day 60 because you're sitting either at the mailbox or in front of the computer.

5. The psychotropic meds come later in the process

(sorry, I'd write more but its time for my Prozac/Lithium/Haldol cocktail)
:eek:

adding on to what Just counting said...and NOT in a specific order.. :D

You log on online tracking to see if the documents have reached.
You wait to hear that the checks have been cashed.
You start hallucinating in your sleep...and picturise your file's being processed.( Some see this in vivid colors & Some have seen their Birth certicates and I-765's falling off and getting attached to someone else's file.)You notice that the people handling your file have very loooooong finger nails which prevent them from keying properly and make mistakes...while your own fingers have been reduced to stubs.
You realise that your finger nails and the sides have been chewed off and now its the turn of the knuckles.
You log on every day expecting miracles.
You take comfort in the fact that there are a whole lot of people in the same pack.
You start checking what others are doing and start surmising which among them are visiting a psychiatrist.
Your math skills improve ( calculating dates of your case and those of others)...and you thank Bill Gates for EXCEL .
your dog realises that you are a better watch dog at the window waiting for the mail and claims the recliner. (You wonder if it is too early to call Ceaser Milan the dog whisperer)
Your spouse gets paranoid with your endless queries,doubts and what if's.
you start singing the 1 800 waiting tune.
Every thread on this portal comes under your favorite window.
You expect to get RFE's..and you don't get.
You expect LUD's and don't get.
Your calender is full of squiggles and wriggles...and the refrigerator is an advertisement for postit notes on things to do.
Somewhere in between you get your Biometric Appointment Notice.
You start checking and reassuring that your finger prints are readable.You bathroom mirror is covered with finger prints in different contours and shapes.
Then after the appointment you ring up FBI to see if they processed it.
Then you get the EAD card and don't recognise the person in the card.You confirm the person by realising that the dress is owned by you. ( Yes they take a snap during Biometrics).
You then apply for the SSN...and you are told that it takes 6 to 8 weeks.
The guys at the DMV give you a hard time without SSN.Their files don't open without it. So No drivers license..and so you cannot buy a car...and so on...

..And then finally you get the interview letter...which kicks you up into a different state of paranoia.coz you don't have any joint proof and in the less time that you have and without a SSN it is an uphill task..
Your adrenaline kicks in to save you from passing out,,,and then you..start collecting all the frivolous stuff from food bills to details of toilet paper consumed..and mix and match your lingerie with his suit/ tuxedo bills....and before ..you know you have proof of cohabitation

Well for now I would recommend...Take a prozac or alprozolam and relax...every thing is going to be OK. Wait for the Notice of Action I-797 that they have received your documents...Should get it in 10 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Addie_Goodvibes said:
Before it is all over you will look like the attached picture, form lack of sleep, anxiety,stress & high blood pressure.
Lol Addie ... Also add in LOTZ of time spent on this forum .

If everything goes well , Here is a run down of the stuff ..

1.Recpt Notice
2.Bio Appmt
3.EAD
4.Interview .
5.Welcome Notice
6.Green Card .

Not to forget, the 53 threads I am subscribed to, along with the cell phone alert
for any email from CRIS < L*M*A*O >

We are a sad lot eh :)

Thanks everybody!! Thank you all...I've learned so much from you, I'll add my timeline from now on...

Nancy