to those whose case transferred to san francisco office

Have you received Transfer Notice and if you have, how long ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
my wife case who is a derivative asylee transferred from texas service center

on dec 20 2005 to san francisco local office,

my wife received the transfer notice, but so far she did not get any appointment letter,

we went last weel to the local office asking for appointment ,they said that

my wife has to wait.

ND : JAN 2002
FP : MAY 2004
BIO : SEP 2005

John Smith 1 said:
my wife case who is a derivative asylee transferred from texas service center

on dec 20 2005 to san francisco local office,

my wife received the transfer notice, but so far she did not get any appointment letter,

we went last weel to the local office asking for appointment ,they said that

my wife has to wait.

ND : JAN 2002
FP : MAY 2004
BIO : SEP 2005

There are different caterogies of Asylee transfers. If your wife is still a deravative which means you have not been divorced, the transfer may be to USCIS local office. The current processing time for the local office is availible on their website. and it takes about six months. If the transfer is to Asylum office, then the situation is different.....Good luck...

John Smith 1
faysal
Guys, I checked our situation with immigration attorney today and found out that it may easily take up to six months or so. Let's just relax, take it easy and some day our time will come, too.
John Smith 1
If you live in SF, things should me a little faster for you. In cases like faysal's and mine, they are waiting when a certain number of cases like ours collect(and there's no way to predict how soon that happens) and then send an officer to conduct hearings in local offices within the SF AO service area. Some day, guys, some day... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
faysal said:
There are different caterogies of Asylee transfers. If your wife is still a deravative which means you have not been divorced, the transfer may be to USCIS local office. The current processing time for the local office is availible on their website. and it takes about six months. If the transfer is to Asylum office, then the situation is different.....Good luck...

just for the estimation confirmation:
within six months, an appointment must be scheduled

as my case, transfered to local office.

1) transfer case : September 2005( receive transfer notice)
2) Local office received on october (figure it out, kind of lottery)
3) 3 times infopass, to push my luck.
4) Local Office received complete Application on December 2005 (hmm, no Idea :), holiday seasson)
5) 1 times infopass, and found a confirmation, already transferred completly.
6) Local Office Send me A interview schedule on march 2006

total. roughly within six months.

PS: on the 4th infopass visit, I received outlines flow charts of tranferring case,
Here are the detail:
1) transfer case, you must get transfer notice for center office (neb or,tex or,verm...)
2) local office create a T number (temporary), during transfer process to track down the case. It could be in months to complete that depends on local office loads ( 3.5 months for me).
3) once the Application transfer to local office compltely done (they don't use T number anymore), you will be scheduled for interview. they always tell to wait to receive the mail ^_^. (it takes 2.5 moths for me to receive interview latter)

and the total is within 6 months .

My information could be wrong, please read wisely

cheers

Hi Cantalup,
Will you pl. tell which local office your case is transferred? Mine is transferred from Nebraska to TSC in Sept. 2005 and then to Washington DC office on December 21, 2005. My last update was on Jan.3, 2006. How can I find status of my case? Thanks and good luck to all.

Paarey

Paarey said:
Hi Cantalup,
Will you pl. tell which local office your case is transferred? Mine is transferred from Nebraska to TSC in Sept. 2005 and then to Washington DC office on December 21, 2005. My last update was on Jan.3, 2006. How can I find status of my case? Thanks and good luck to all.

Paarey

My case at Atlanta Local Office,
The only information that I know:
We can not check any case in local office via online/web. (my online case still shows on the transfer notice at september 2005,)
The only way, we need to do infopass at local office to inqury our case
During Infopass, please be patient, persistent and stay calm (you will understand later on :))

good luck to all