TO: SJ Interview Club

interview1

Registered Users (C)
Hello colleagues:

After interview in SJ local office today (11.19.01), I received approvals of my and my family’s I-485, in another words we received GCs. Our passports were stamped too.
I did not write here about my case any details before that because I think that my case is not typical,
i.e. it is not interesting for most GS waiters (but maybe it is interesting with point of view of street man).

So first of all, I expected this interview when I only started AOS because I was arrested by police due to my DUI.
My details:
Country - Eastern Europe;
RD – 01.11.01;
ND – 02.01.01 (WAC-01-093-…);
FP – 04.20.01;
Case transferred- 09.07.01;
Interview notice- 10.19.01;
Interview date - 11.21.01.
Later (11.09.01) I received new interview notices with apologies that our interviews are being shifted on 11.19.01 because 11.21.01 is day right before Thanksgiving holiday (???). This shift was not upset me. :)
My case is not in Ciba’s list (one more because I decided my case would mess up others to understand what’s going on in INS).

My attorney accompanied me on interview.
I brought on interview all my documents (and their copies) which I can image, i.e. I brought big and heavy briefcase. I won’t enumerate these docs. I think it is better to say what docs were asked:
- ID (we showed DLs);
- Passports with I-94 forms;
- EADs and APs;
- employment letter;
- tax returns and w2 of last year;
- police report about my DUI.
That’s it.

Questions were asked:
- All questions, which have been answered in I-485 form by written, were repeated by oral under sworn;
- Additionally, I had only two questions:
      What is your profession?
      How is your company feeling right now?

The officer (eastern man) was very nice.

Then we waited for 15-20 minutes to listen bang on our passports.

That’s it. Five years waiting is finished. Unbelievable!

I have to say thanks to everybody on this chart, especially: Ciba, ProActive, Hal Love, Unluckywaiter.

If you have questions, ask me. I’ll look at this chart for present week then I’ll try to forget about it. :)

I wish all of you to pass over this unpleasant waiting and become free people in this country ASAP.

Interview1.

Interview1, I\'m so happy to congratulate your approval, even earlier.

Interview1,

It is amazing. I just thought you may get approval on Wednesday, as your original schedule and have a happy Thanksgiving.
It\'s kind of a surprise to the members of the \'Interview club.\'
Now, we lost one from our club, but I\'m so glad to hear that you\'ve done.

* My only question: did you get your tax return doc(certificate) from IRS, or how did you prepare it?

Thanks for your posting and all your effort to inform your progress up to now.
Have great days with your lovely GC.

-Hal

No Title

Congratulations. Interview1. Did you check to the question which said were you arrested at the time of your filing your I-485 Application.

Did they ask you the question whether you were arrested.

Did the officer ask you any other questions.

Unluckywaiter.

Thank you for congratulation.

Usually, when I was preparing tax return docs, I was filling out two copies of each this docs:
The first one I leave myself, the second I send to IRS.
I brought to INS these my hand-filled copies (and photocopies of copies).

So I have no any IRS certificates (or docs proven by IRS)

No Title

Yes, I did. I checked arrest question in my I-485 Application.
Moreover, as I was advised by my lawyer I did not file I-485 until my court and waited for 3 months to receive court papers which were sent with I-485 Application.

I wrote I was asked all questions from I-485 Application under sworn including arrest question (of course, I said YES).

I wrote additionally the officer asked me police report.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Interview1,

I see clearly what you are saying about the copy of the tax return.
I have those copies with W-2 for all the last years.
(Actually, my CPA prepared two sets-Federal and State- of two copies every year for me.)

Cheers!
-Hal

No Title

Congratulations and farewell!

I will go at the interview next week and I also have a really big briefcase. I will partition the documents in 2 sets, as per your message :)

Did they ask for both federal and state returns?

Thanks!

No Title

I was asked tax returns (without specification) for last year and I gave both (federal and state) copies of tax returns and copy of W2 - the officer was satisfied.