TO: SJ Interview Club

interview1

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I received interview schedule notices for whole my family
on Friday 10.19.01.
Interview date is 11.21.01 in SJ local office.
(Transfer date is 09.07.01).
I am wondering: too fast (I prepared to wait 6-8 months)

Can anybody explain me the following phrase:
"
A current letter of employment for you and the petitioner (salary.
start date, and position).
"
Who is "petitioner" here?
I guess my petitioner is my employer BUT what does it mean "A current letter of employment" for employer (petitioner) ???
Crazy INS.

Take care.

No Title

Congrats!

You are the petitioner of your wife. Her employment situation is irrelevant, in my opinion. Check with your lawyer (since my opinion is irrelevant in your case).

Good luck and keep us posted!

No Title

Forgot to mention that I also got the same request. We will provide an employment letter since we have it and we want to be on the safe side, but from my understanding of the immigration procedure this should not be necessary.

Congrats, Interview1! It must be a BIG news to SJ Interview Club members.

It really is so fast and great, Interview1.

My case has been transferred at the end of September.
I also was expecting 5 or 6 months until the interview, and 3 or 4 months to get the notice.
So, I was trying to forget about it for about 3 months.

But, your case shows it could be much shorter as much as 2 and 1/2 months until the interview, and 1 and 1/2 months to get the notice.
I should be ready to get the notice sometime next month, November.

I think that "current" job including salary and position could have been changed, since your I-485 petition.
In my case, I already changed the employer with the same category of the previous job. (of course it was after 180 days from RD and ND) My lawyer advised me that there would be no problem, only if I prepare the new employment letter and pay stubs for the interview.

Congratulations again, and good luck to you!
-Hal

Thank you.

Thank you for congratulations, colleagues.

Of course, it is not finish of this infinite race and I\'ll feel nervous till 11.21.01. But I definitely know when all of this will be over. I hope very much it\'ll be successful finish. (Like in all Hollywood\'s movies) :)

I am sure everybody of you will have happy end !!!

Take care.