To file 'I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status' or not?

sreeleshk

Registered Users (C)
I am an Indian citizen/passport holder, and 70 and I have been issued a B2 visa which is good until some time in 2024. I live with my husband who is a USC, enjoying our retired life in India. Our 2 kids are living in America and naturalized US citizens. My husband and I visit our children in the summer and stay with them for a month or two and return home to India. I do not wish to obtain a Green Card as that would make it necessary for us to visit more often to maintain the immigrant status, the B2 works for me better.

Unlike the previous visits in the summer, My son insisted that I visit to partake in their house warming in February earlier this year. My husband and I arrived to America on Jan 29th , we were planning to partake in the housewarming and my granddaughter's sweet sixteen party (March 22nd) and our return tickets were for the 31st of March. Because of the COVID crisis, our flights were cancelled, even though my husband and I wish to to return to India at the earliest opportunity, Our kids insist that we stay until the COVID crisis calms down and flights begin to operate more frequently.

It will be 178 days as of today (07/24/2020) since our arrival, Am i to file for a I-539, Application To Extend/Change Non immigrant Status? given that it is almost 6 months? I obtained the "Most Recent I-94 Results" from the CBP website but i think it is displaying information from our previous visit in 2018.
------------------------------------------------------
Most Recent Date of Entry : 2018 August 02
Class of Admission : B2
Admit Until Date : 02/01/2019
------------------------------------------------------

I also obtained the Travel History

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Type Location
1 2020-01-29 Arrival NEW
2 2018-10-13 Departure NYC
3 2018-08-02 Arrival NYC
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I do not have or could not obtain the i94, I do not have an "Admit Until Date" which I assume is the date until which I am authorized to stay? What do I do in this case, where do I get the right information? Do I have to file for an extension? What will happen if I do not file and over stay? Will it affect a future B2 application in 2024?
Please advise