To all successful Cpers....Plz respond...

gcworth

Registered Users (C)
Do we have to take approval of I140 and Labor certification in original or copies are fine (as most of the originals are with the lawyer)...also do we need to carry the application for labor and I140 along with the approvals for the Interview......

If you do not have the originals..Copies are fine

They hardly check 140, LC approvals as Consulate already has that in their file on you.

Not required at Mumbai

I did my CP successfully in Dec-2001, they never asked any of these doc. Infact after Cp, they will give you a packet with Immigrant visa attached on it and that packet has all your paper work LC, I140 etc.

Good Luck

If consulate has not recd them, they might ask for these documents.

Always safer to carry them with just in case.
I know cases where the candidates were asked since the consulate did not receive these documents from NVC.
So better be safe than be sorry.
Good luck
MJ1

Get originals from your lawyer.

The only original that might be tough to get is your approved Labor Cert. There is simply one copy that DOL sends back and that goes with your I-140 application. But everything there on has two originals sent (one is courtesy copy): one to lawyer and the other to your company.

if you follow NVC route, both lawyer and company should have the originals and you can get any one of the two. if you have AC140, probably lawyer sent his/her original with your AC140, and then you take originals from your company.

Ideally, the consulate should have all the required originals...but it\'s just prudent and safer to take it.

If consulate does not have it...they will ask

They didn\'t ask me in Mumabi...but I know of one colleague who was asked the original 140 because his lawyer did not file it in P3. He didn\'t have it and had to wait in Mumbai till the FedEx arrived.

So be safe and carry the original....if you do not have it, atleast carry the copy.

LCA copy should suffice...but never heard if they asked. But it might be good for yourself to see exact wording of your job description, salary, place of work, company HQ addres etc....etc....

no need to carry originals of I-140 or Labor in Mumbai, just carry ...

Just carry Attorney certified copies of these originals. Which means attorney stamps on the first page of the photocopies of I-140 and Labor cert and staples/binds all of them together and says that "I have verified and found all these copies to be in order and these are the photocopies of the original document." Of course he has to sign it too.

Thats what I did. I completed my CP in Oct 2001.