To all new ( I-485) approvees...

Sahib Q

Registered Users (C)
After all the excitement and jitters, which lasted for years, do you feel like your life has lost all its spice and there's a dull working routine ahead and no real sense of direction any more.

How is you post-approval sindrom proceeding?

10 seconds have passed

and my message was viewed by 8 good folks.

Just an observation.

Are we really hungry for I-485 news or what?

Nothing changed for me

I thought that i would be superly exited. But it was just another pece of news. There is a sense of relief that I do not have to pack my bags if I lose by job, but even that was mitigated by the fact that I am in no danger of being laid off as my industry is not one of booms and bust

Sahib Q:

Though I don't know whether this is the right folder for discussing such things nor has my 485 been approved, I'll go ahead and tell you my feelings about the GC process.

I remember as a graduate student I used to look forward to buying a great car, renting a swank apartment, making long distance trips by car/plane, etc.

I've gone through so much sh*t (which I'll post on this forum after I get my GC) in the GC process that sometimes I wonder whether all this was worth the plastic card. But once you get used to life here it's so darn difficult to imagine returning to India.

As you rightly said, 'life has lost all its spice and there's a dull working routine ahead and no real sense of direction any more'. I'm no longer excited about life after getting a GC as I used to be when I had just applied for it.

Anyway, those were my 2 cents.

I think this not the END

Once you get your GC, the charm will be for a week or so. After that you have some other thing in your life (I have seen people around me). You will be never satisfied, as your goals will me moving as you achieve one. There will be no end to this as long as you take up spiritual life (not fundamentalism) or you are no longer on this world.

Hey Mr. QQQQQQQQ..

sindrom .... Whatha hell is that?

You were the one asked me to watch spellings????

Crazy....................