to all early fingerprinters...

jacquelina

Registered Users (C)
has anyone who had early fingerprints done cancelled their initial appointment.
What if you had appointment at differnt ASC than you took FP's- did you contact to cancel.
Can anyone give me details of what a re-fingerprint notice is like.

I have been told that although I have had FP's done, and cleared as readable by the FBI, that if I do not go to the appointment for FP's later this month my case is abandoned as per FP notice.
I don;t know what to do. I have been on the phone all day yesterday, but no help from Attorney or USCIS customer service.

what do others do????

Hello,

Did anyone for USCIS get back to you?

I too had done early FP, Should I cancel my actual appmt. (Jan 19)?

Regards

well- my official response from the idiots at the customer service number was worse than useless- they maintain that I need to turn up. I pointed out that my FP results were recieved etc, but I honestly don't think they understand. I called a couple of times- but none of them could give me anything solid.

I am going with the response form my Attorney, and other people on this board, who pointe dout that i have a receipt for fingerprinting and do no need to cancel an appointment.

We will see.....

sad news to hear.

I done early Fp in dec/18 and the day i had to do it is jan 26 /05 i check the uscis website and say thet have recieve FP we start processing this case. sad news to hear any more advise is much appreciated.

(1)what does this mean? If you do early finger printing then you might be in trouble and you should cancel your old appointment or at least show up on service center on that date? Gurus please put some light on this.

(2) After finger printing do they give you a proof that you did your FP? what exactly is the procedure after going to service center?

Last edited by a moderator:
early FP??

Hi,

I got FP notice today which is scheduled on April 16.
If I go before April 16 then is there any issue. Some people saying there is no problem but some saying it's not good to go early ..what you guys thinks?
any suggestions or recommendations are much appreciated.

thanks for your reply!!!

If they accept my early FP then do I need to cancle my original scheduled date.

thanks

Any problems with early FP's. How likely are they to let you do that. And is it of any benefit?
Thanks

well- sionce this thread has been revived, My experiece was that I did not cancel my original appointment after getting FP's done early.- an dmy husband did the same (he did FP's without a notice- the notice arrived the following day at attorney) but he was approved with no problem.

Again, this is another case of the NSC call people giving incorrect information. They told me twice that I needed to go to office on FP date or my case would be considered abandoned- even after my FP's were logged as recieved by TSC!!!

-good luck to all who try for early FP's- I think this is better than trying to reschedule as this takes more time - and you do not need to cancel your origanal appointment !!!

I dont understand what is all this rush about? Its matter of few days only. why would you take chance of going early on a finger printing when they specifically write in notice that if you dont' show up on the original date then your GC application will be considered abandoned. I know they don't abandone it right away but why to take chance. Just go on the date and time they have asked you to_One should go early only if he can't make it on the date & time BCICS mentioned in the finger print notice.If you can make it on that date and time then there is no need to do early finger printing.

I agree.....

I agree with programmer76's views. Why should there be a hurry to save few days putting the case in jeopardy. When we waited years to come to this stage , why not few more days( I waited more than 3years to come to the FP stage and I140 was approved last year). My and my wife's FPs are scheduled for April 08, 2005 and it is almost a month waiting from now. I thought of going for early FP but decided not to go for early FP after reading some of our members' postings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just completed an early FP last week and the local INS office was ok to do it and they took my original notice back so I wouldnt have anything to go back with anyways. They give u a receipt with for the fp ... havent gotten my fp results updated with ins yet so will keep u guys posted on what happens there .. ..

iamyoohoo said:
I just completed an early FP last week and the local INS office was ok to do it and they took my original notice back so I wouldnt have anything to go back with anyways. They give u a receipt with for the fp ... havent gotten my fp results updated with ins yet so will keep u guys posted on what happens there .. ..

iamyoohoo,

where did you do your early FP?

I was denied for early FP at St.Paul..reason is I was too early..
My scheduled date is ist week of April...
I told them I have a travel plan but no consideration...
But after seeing experiences from few of you I decided to appear on scheduled date.

Apollo_13 said:
iamyoohoo,

where did you do your early FP?

Los Angeles - Gardena ASC. My 485 message also got updated today with the standard message "..received .. processing resumed .. blah blah blah"

Finger Print at Atlanta

My spouce(dependent) received a finger print notice on couple of days ago, and I hope I will get mine with in couple of days. The appointment date for finger print is July 5, 2005, 4 more months from Now. I thought usually they will set up appointment with in 3 to 4 weeks. I do not want to wait next 4 months. Is anyone had early finger print at Atlanta? If I go for early finger print what time is the best time? I know the people who works at there are not nice, but I would like to take a chance. Please Help.

RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/18/2004
FP1 09/26/2003