• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

To all DV winner, would you mind telling me how many times you attempt before you win

kittydoll

Registered Users (C)
Hi all lucky winners here,

I am glad there's such a programme held for the people who hope to live and work in the United States. I have never applied for this programme since I just knew this programme recently. I have few questions for this programme and for the winners here. ;)

1. Will the programme be held for DV2010 ? :eek:

2. To those winners, would you mind telling me how many times / years you have attempt before you got the NL ? :confused:

3. For documents that to prove the NL winners will not be one of the public charges, did you give them ALL 3 things to show that you are capable to stay in US (1. relative/linkage with USC; 2. Job offers in US; 3. Personal funds/ assets), if not all, which things did you gave US, you may just indicate the numbers 1,2 or 3 is okay. :)

4. For those whose has give them the prove #2, where did you find the job and get the job offer, referral or look from the internet or any other way. :(

I hope all of you would share these things for those who are gonna apply, just as a reference to see how many years are needed and how hard for it to give them everything for getting a visa finally. :rolleyes:

I wish you guys will have a satisfactory life in the US ! :p

Kittydoll :rolleyes:

From Hong Kong
Wish to apply DV 2010 (if any)

1. Will the programme be held for DV2010 ? :eek:
No one knows. We have to wait and see in another couple of months if they open the DV2010 application registration.

2. To those winners, would you mind telling me how many times / years you have attempt before you got the NL ? :confused:
This was my 8th attempt. I started in 2001

3. For documents that to prove the NL winners will not be one of the public charges, did you give them ALL 3 things to show that you are capable to stay in US (1. relative/linkage with USC; 2. Job offers in US; 3. Personal funds/ assets), if not all, which things did you gave US, you may just indicate the numbers 1,2 or 3 is okay. :)
You can pick any one of them: Affidafit of support from a US Resident or US Citizen, personal assest/funds, or job offer in the U.S.

I personally will bring an Affidafit of Support and my proof of personal assests.

4. For those whose has give them the prove #2, where did you find the job and get the job offer, referral or look from the internet or any other way. :(

Prove #2 is usually the hardest to get because it is not easy to get a job in the U.S as a foreigner. You can always try to apply jobs in the U.S from the internet but the chances are slim if you're not a permanent resident or citizen or highly educated like Phd.

Good luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerindo has answered very well.
Regarding question #2: it's a lottery - some people got it from the first try, others have tried more than 10 times and still didn't get it.
I guess the reported average (for those who get it) would be 4 tries.

I got it after the second attempt. However I'm already here in US for work.
Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Hong Kong is not an eligible country to enter DV lottery?

Hi kittydoll.

I wish you the best of luck with your future DV2010 entry!

A poll I set up a few months back may help with your second question:

At which attempt were you selected?

Enjoy the forums, they're a priceless source of information.

Dave. :)

No one knows. We have to wait and see in another couple of months if they open the DV2010 application registration.

This was my 8th attempt. I started in 2001

You can pick any one of them: Affidafit of support from a US Resident or US Citizen, personal assest/funds, or job offer in the U.S.

I personally will bring an Affidafit of Support and my proof of personal assests.

Prove #2 is usually the hardest to get because it is not easy to get a job in the U.S as a foreigner. You can always try to apply jobs in the U.S from the internet but the chances are slim if you're not a permanent resident or citizen or highly educated like Phd.

Good luck! :)

Congratulation you succeed in getting it finally !! Luckily you didn't give up.
I hope there's a chance for me to win at my early ages.
Have a good future in the US of America ! :)

Hi kittydoll.

I wish you the best of luck with your future DV2010 entry!

A poll I set up a few months back may help with your second question:

At which attempt were you selected?

Enjoy the forums, they're a priceless source of information.

Dave. :)

Thanks so much, I has emailed to KCC and they replied that they'd announce the enrollment for DV2010 at the end of summer onto the website. This website is really useful that contain much of relavant information.
I hope I could have the luck as well as you guys did :p

Good luck with the DV2010!

I attempted DV soo many times that it became a yearly routine to apply for it. For me, it was more of an apply and forget about it. I even forgot that last year I filed an application until I got a great surprise in my mail box couple months ago, a big white envelope from DoS. :)

This is my first time and I got it. I'll use only my personal fund. Since I'll graduate next year, about the same time I'll receive the visa, I hope my degree plus my money in bank would be enough.

hallo

i have 3 times and then i git it DV 2009
me older Brather 1 time DV2001
the anther Barather 3 time DV 2004
loiy

This is my first time and I got it. I'll use only my personal fund. Since I'll graduate next year, about the same time I'll receive the visa, I hope my degree plus my money in bank would be enough.

:eek: you're so lucky man
where do you live? :confused: