TN visa and tax preparation software

ArthurB

Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen and I've been working in the US with some gaps, for two different employers... here's come the tax season. I would like to know if as a TN there's something "different" or I can use any usual tax preparation software such as Turbo Tax without worrying?

Anyone working as a TN and using this software? Anything different between a TN-visa holder and a standard US citizen when it comes to filling taxes?

Thanks !
Arthur

ArthurB said:
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen and I've been working in the US with some gaps, for two different employers... here's come the tax season. I would like to know if as a TN there's something "different" or I can use any usual tax preparation software such as Turbo Tax without worrying?

Anyone working as a TN and using this software? Anything different between a TN-visa holder and a standard US citizen when it comes to filling taxes?

There is no difference from a tax perspective between a TN holder and a US Citizen, assuming that the TN holder has physically been in the US for more than 180 days. If not, then the TN holder would file a 1040NR (non-resident). otherwise it is the regular 1040.