TN Interview Advice

Cad_r5r

Hi,

I'm going to applying for TN in January under the title of "Manager" at a big four firm. Their lawyers put me under the "Management Consultant" TN job title.

I am having some last minute worry about the title of Manager being denied because your not allowed to be a manager under TN. I won't be managing anyone but its a big four title. Anyone have advice on addressing this correctly in the interview?

If it comes up I was going to explain how its just a big four rank title, and not a managerial position (ie: I have no one reporting to me). But I'm unsure if this is correct.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am currently working with a Big 4 as a "Senior Manager" under the "Computer System Analyst" TN Job category for the past 2 years. Earlier I had an TN also under the same category. I am on the IT side.

It is better to go as a CSA vs Management consultant. Try convincing your companies law firm to put you in that category. I can explain how it works...send me your email id /phone number (Drop me a private message). Management consultant goes into a lot of scrutiny.

I agree that trying to get classified as a CSA sounds less risky.

If you are not really managing people, then you have nothing to worry about, even if the word is in the title. You just have to explain (honestly) that you are managing a process or an endeavor.

Most immigration lawyers seem to have too little TN experience to appreciate the risks their instructions bring.

guys help me get a break with Big 4.... just kidding.... that should not be a concern. I was titled as Manager and went under CSA category...... I heard lot of people reporting issues with the Management Consultant category.... just say Manager is like a band or so and you you own certain process and not people as in traditional sense.....

Thanks for the replies! It ended up being super straight forward. The big 4 stamp i think help it go through no problem!