TN and I-130, Mr. Zuccaro and other experiened friends help. please

wjma2k

Registered Users (C)
bzuccaro and other experiened friends help me please: TN with I-130 pending

hi, guys,
Last year when I was permanent resident of Canada and my husband is green card holder, we got married in the U.S. After I went back to Canada, my husband filed the I-130 petition for me.

1. So my First question is does it mean when my visa number is current, I need to apply immigration visa at the U.S.consulars in Canada?

2. Now my I-130 is pending and I am already canada citizen. A company in the U.S. sponsed h1b which is valid from Oct. 2006 for me. But I don't like this job. Another company provide a good job to me too, but without h1b.
So is it possible that I can get the TN visa with I-130 pending?

3. If I can, which one of the following ways is applicable to me and which one is best?
a. Apply my first TN visa directly at the Port of Entry.
b. Get h1b visa stamp first, use h1b visa to enter the U.S, then apply change of status from h1b visa to my first TN visa by mailing to Vermount Service Center?
c. Don't get h1b visa stamp, use my current b1/b2 visa to enter the U.S. then apply change of status from h1b visa to my first TN visa by mailing to Vermount Service Center?

Now I need your opinions to decide if I need to get h1b visa stamp. Thank you very much!

btw, I read some friends' threads, they mentioned that they are unable to enter the U.S. something like that, becuase they were denied at the POE when apply TN visa . ????? I am totolly lost, I remembered the canada citizen can enter the U.S. without any visa, why they can not enter the U.S.??????
Is there any other reason?

thank everybody again

Last edited by a moderator:
"I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

A citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States may file this form to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States."

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-130.htm

The I-130 is "for U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who wish to petition for or “sponsor” a spouse (husband or wife) to live permanently in the U.S."

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm

BY FILING AN I-130 YOU ARE SHOWING AN INTENTION TO IMMIGRATE.

There are a number of us now on this website that have been turned away at the US border for having filed an I-130. Don't take the risk of leaving the US if you don't want to risk getting "stuck" outside for 6 to 12 months.

I'm almost in the same situation, please advise:

I got my TN early this year, the officers at Border issued that status to me through a 6-hour scrutiny processing (I filed i-485 in 2000 and left the US immediately when it was denied in 2002)

I'm going to renew my TN very soon (or get a new TN very soon) my plan is to do it through mailing to Nebrasca service center.

But I have another concern: My sister filed 130 for me in 2000 and got approved.

My question is:

Do I need/have to revoke this 130 before I apply for my TN extension?

There won't be any immigration intent/issue anymore if I revoke it, right?

Thanks in advance.