• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

TIPS for DV 2003 winners

omo_Jesu

Registered Users (C)
Hi AKTIO,

I do have MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT DV. I WON DV2003. DID U DO CP OR AOS? I AM DOING BOTH. I CALLED KCC AND THEY SAID I COULD DO BOTH. HERE IS THE DEAL: SUBMIT KCC FORMS AND WAIT FOR INTERVIEW DATE AS A BACKUP PLAN. USUALLY, INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY NUMBER WILL BE AROUND MAY 2003 SO IF AOS IS THRU BY THEN, GREAT, IF NOT, GO FOR CP...KCC TAUGHT ME THIS TRICK :)

SO WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE? HAVE YOU GOT YOUR GC?
FOR MY DV 2003 PALS, THE NUMBER SYSTEM VARIES PER REGION. SO DONT BE SCARED BY HIGH NUMBERS. I THINK OCEANIA GETS THE LOWER NUMBERS. 9000 IN OCEANIA/ASIA IS NOT THE SAME AS 9000'S FOR AFRICA/EUROPE. FOR EXAMPLE AFRICA STARTS FROM HIGHER NUMBERS. THE KCC GIRL TOLD ME THAT EVEN MID 30THOUSANDS GET GCS!!! A LOT OF PEOPLE GET DISQUALIFIED THESE DAYS TOO SO DONT BE SCARED.
TO HAVE A FEEL FOR WHEN U WILL BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW, CHECK THE VISA BULLETIN ARCHIVES FOR PREVIOUS YEARS. THAT WILL TELL U WHAT MONTH THEY HANDLE NUMBERS IN YOUR RANGE IN YOUR REGION...

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

Hi,

I dont know about the both,,, someone told me do not do CP AND AOD... while your comment says it's ok. I cannot be responsible for my message, but I did not do both.

I am doing CP, my case number just became current, so I am waiting for the last package to come in, then go for an interview. My case number was ridiculously high (20,000+), but it became current this month.

CP process is easier while AOS is lots harder and usually involves a lawyer. If you have money to spend on legal services, then go for it. if you are going for AOS, do not assume INS is processing your case because they do not until the visa number becomes current. HOWEVER, different INS office and OFFICER has different opinions/understandings. I heard lots different stories from everyone about their AOS/INS experience, which concluded me simply forgot about AOS. Too much and too many things involved, yet you can do everything without leaving the US.

Hi,
Probably somebody could answer my question.
I sent application for DV 2003 and won lotery.
But unfortunately my parents sent applications from my native country for all of us. Is it possible for KKC find out that there were two applications for one person?
Thanks,

Hi omo_Jesu,

could you tell something more about possibility to go through CP and Aos parallely, please? {I tried ask by e-mail, but I couldn't.}
It's will be good for me, I think.

Do you know how works CP, I means; could you arrive to your native country just for interview-for day or two- and get back to US?
Is your number and turn, according to Visa Bulletin, also obligatory, when you choose CP, or it's important only for these winners, who choose AoS ?

Answer me, please, if you can.
Thanks.
And good luck.
Sonka S.

Originally posted by sonka s.

Do you know how works CP, I means; could you arrive to your native country just for interview-for day or two- and get back to US?

you could, but you need to plan about a week or 2 to get your medical exams done then go for an interview. I would say plan for 1 week at least if you are going for CP

How long?

So it takes only 1-2 weeks between interviewing and actually receiving the GC with CP? Or a few months?

How does it work with the DV?

Thanks

Originally posted by AKTIO(new)
you could, but you need to plan about a week or 2 to get your medical exams done then go for an interview. I would say plan for 1 week at least if you are going for CP