Time line? I-130 at California Processing Center

gujboy75

Registered Users (C)
Hi - On Dec 2005, I got a letter stating my I-130 was moved to the California processing center for faster processing. (I updated the I-130 to reflect that I am now a US Citizen).

Right now, they are processing Aug 2005 I-130 petition for spouse. My question is: how fast do these guys move (is its a month:month correlation). IE: Aug - Dec is 5 months, so it will be 5 months before they start processing my I-130?

Second, what is this date - is this the date of when people get their application reviewed? how much time from this processing do people get their interview and/or their GC in their hands?

Thanks.

It does not appear to be a month to month correlation. Sometimes it moves faster and sometimes slower. Also an individual petition may be approved sooner than the processing date.

USCIS states that the processing date represents the filing date of the application or petition that is currently being processed at this service center. I would think that once they start reviewing any petition, for a straightforward petition it should not take too long (less than a day??) to approve it.

For the interview date timeline refer to the sticky thread at the top of this forum. It depends on the district office. Now, did you already file I-485 package? Since your petition was upgraded recently, your timeline will depend upon when you filed I-485.

Similar situation.

I upgraded my I130 petition for my wife in August 2005. My priority date was April 2002.
The case got transferred to California Service Center in October 2005.
Filed I485 in December 2005.
Have my wife's fingerprints taken in February 2006.

Checked with USCIS about my I130 petition in December 2005 and was told that it is under security check (whatever that means) and check back in 6 months if I have not heard anything.

Do not know what else to do except waiting and waiting. Visaapplicant, what do you mean by "Since your petition was upgraded recently, your timeline will depend upon when you filed I-485." Just keep track of I485's progress and not to worry about I-130? Thanks.

bigcake said:
Similar situation.

Visaapplicant, what do you mean by "Since your petition was upgraded recently, your timeline will depend upon when you filed I-485." Just keep track of I485's progress and not to worry about I-130? Thanks.

I do not know a whole lot about the process. However, it is discussed at many places in the forum that for I-130/I-485 filed concurrently, often times I-130 approval does not precede I-485 approval. Instead I130 and I485 are adjudicated (approved) the same time at the interview.

For some additional insight into transfer of cases to California Service Center, please refer to the post
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=201699

I just checked my case status online using my SRC number. It is not telling me that on Feb 6th, 2006 (yes 2006!!) that my type of case takes between 990 and 999 days. This is crazy. First they move me to California for faster processing than this case status change online. Can someone please explain - I am going crazy!

Hi - again, my wife is not in the USA, she is in Canada ... how and why would I file the I-1485? I am trying to get my wife into the country to live with me! Thanks.

visaapplicant said:
It does not appear to be a month to month correlation. Sometimes it moves faster and sometimes slower. Also an individual petition may be approved sooner than the processing date.

USCIS states that the processing date represents the filing date of the application or petition that is currently being processed at this service center. I would think that once they start reviewing any petition, for a straightforward petition it should not take too long (less than a day??) to approve it.

For the interview date timeline refer to the sticky thread at the top of this forum. It depends on the district office. Now, did you already file I-485 package? Since your petition was upgraded recently, your timeline will depend upon when you filed I-485.

gujboy75 said:
I just checked my case status online using my SRC number. It is not telling me that on Feb 6th, 2006 (yes 2006!!) that my type of case takes between 990 and 999 days. This is crazy. First they move me to California for faster processing than this case status change online. Can someone please explain - I am going crazy!

Gujboy, don't worry about the online notice... those messages are far from accurate. Its a default message (990 to 999 days) that they put in there.

I-485 is the application for Adjustment of Status for the intending immigrants who are already in US... if your wife is in Canada, she will have to go through the CP. Search this forum for CP and you will find some answers.

USC