Time Frame to receive waiver letter from USCIS

rajaacool

Dear All,

After waiting for more than 8 months, atlast i got the favorable recommendation letter from US Dept of Sate on Sep 12th.

Any idea how long does it take to receive the Waiver Letter from USCIS??

My application from US Dept of state was send to Nebraska center.

Hope to hear from some one soon.

Regards
Raj

It depends. USCIS approved my case within a week of DOS approval and got the letter the following week. DOS has written letter to Director, Nebraska as live in this area but I got the final waiver letter from Vermont.

You should call USCIS customer service and tell them u have applied 3 months ago and have not even got receipt number from USCIS. The customer service reps will then take your details and give ur Receipt Number that u can use at uscis website to track ur case.

Good luck

I spoke to customer service and they said i have to wait for 90 days to recieve the Notice of Action. Any one has got recently from Nebraska center??Plz reply me with the time frame..

Regards
Raj

I spoke to customer service and they said i have to wait for 90 days to recieve the Notice of Action. Any one has got recently from Nebraska center??Plz reply me with the time frame..

Regards
Raj

If you don't have receipt Number u can not talk with any customer service, but your call be redirected to National Customer centre. You have to SAY that you applied more than 90 days, say 4 months, if you say DOS gave fav reco on sept 12, then they would ask you to wait for 90 days.

Say 4 months and the custoner rep will give you receipt number after checking details. U should follow up at uscis website and most of J-1 waivers that come thro DOS are handled at Vermont although DOS writes letter to Nebraska.

in my case DOS wrote to NSC but i got final waiver from VSC.

hope this help u

I was a J1 visa holder with 2years HRR..The first thing I did in February was to apply for waiver based on no objection which I received a favorable recommendation from DOS in April and the same month I received the approval notice from BCIS.
I filled in form I-130, I-765 and I-485 on July
Received Notice on July 13th
Got finger printed on August 14,
Received EAD on September 13
Went for Interview on October 11
Got approved!!!
Received Welcome notice on the mail on October 15th
GC received on October 17 th
The total number of days from the beginning to the GC received date is 88 days
My DO is New orleans, Lousianna