Time Frame to Receive RFE

Dec01GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi :

BCIS issued RFE on my case on june 5th , but my lawyer hasn't received it so far. Can anyone tell me, how long they are taking to receive an RFE these days. I called them up , they said 30 days. anyone in the same situation.

RD:12/20
ND:1/4

Similar Situation

An RFE was issued on my case on June 13, but there is still no sign of the letter.

Over the years, I have become accustomed to the ineptness of the INS/BCIS. It's best to ignore it all, and live our normal lives.

RD 12/18/01

Your lawyer should get the RFE in 7 days. You will not get a copy. If you were issued an RFE on June 5th, your lawyer should have gotten it by now. As 14 days have passed since the issuance of RFE you can all them and ask for another copy.

There's no set time limit for one to receive the RFE. My RFE was generated on 4/28/03 but the lawyer received it only on 5/27/03. What made it even more exciting (as if all this wait and suspense is not killing me already) for us was the fact that when we called VSC, the IIO told us that the lawyers have to send a new set of documents (the ones that says that my lawyers represent me) even though we had done that at every stage in the processing - luckily though, we got the RFE a day later (that shows that even the IIOs are clueless).

So basically, keep hounding your lawyers, keep hounding the VSC/NSC whatever is taking care of us orphans now, and something will turn up hopefully sooner than later.

Good luck,

Amar.