Time for EAD Renewal - Need Help

Arn

Registered Users (C)
After waiting almost two years here I am going to apply my 3rd EAD. Since I am planning to do it by myself, I need some help from you who recently applied for their EAD renewals. There might be some new requirements that I am not sure; such as do I need to submit copy of Driver's license, passports or anything else. As a note I am working on EAD since last March.

Could you please let me know what else I need other than the following ones:
I-765 Form
$120.00
2 copy photo
Copy of old EAD

I would highly appreciate your response. Thanks.
M

Mr MrMr , :)

Thats all you need to apply for EAD. If your lawyer sent u copies of what he sent the last time, double check ur current documents. Form I-765 states everything real well anyways.

you do need copy of all the old EADs that you were granted.. not just the current one you are using.

Niti.

Hi
In July, my spouse submitted all this what you are panning to submit. Also submitted the receipt of I-485.
Got approval within 6 weeks.:)

MrMr

We are in the same boat.December is time for our EAD renewal.
Our 3rd one.We decided that we are not going to pay our lawyer at this time,we are 4 people and he charges $350 each.
Our case was transferred to NY local office 10 months ago just to be scheduled for a interview but we haven't hear from them yet.
I heard from friends of mine that you also will
need to show copy of your passport and I 94(but I am not sure about it)plus all others documents that you mencioned.
2nd FP:NOT YET !!!
2nd EAD expires:03/04/04

Did you guys send the checks (for the fees) in the name of INS ?
I was confused as to which name to use. The I-765 form mentions that checks are to be payable to "Immigration & Naturalization Service". Please confirm. Thanks.

my bad

You also need a receipt of I-485 as lebu9 suggested.

Also, like zztop, I would like to know whom to write the check to.

Thanks,
Niti.

Originally posted by zztop
Did you guys send the checks (for the fees) in the name of INS ?
I was confused as to which name to use. The I-765 form mentions that checks are to be payable to "Immigration & Naturalization Service". Please confirm. Thanks.

"Immigration & Naturalization Service" is fine with them.

I think if you make the check payable to "BCIS" aslo should be fine. I recently applied for AP myself and my lawyer is going to apply for EAD renewal and we made the check payable to BCIS.

WIN

Re: my bad

Originally posted by Niti Upadhyay
You also need a receipt of I-485 as lebu9 suggested.

Also, like zztop, I would like to know whom to write the check to.

Thanks,
Niti.

Write BCIS.

Writing Checks

When I was surfing USCIS web page I think I saw they are suggesting to write the following information on your checks. US Citizenship and Immigration Services
However it was also mentioned that they will accept checks if you write INS or BCIS as suggested by other friends on the mails. Thanks.
M

I just submitted my 3rd EAD application

Yesterday, I sent my application to our company immigration department for my 3rd EAD and AP applications. They ask me to write check payable to ."US Citizenship and Immigration Services". .

EAD Doc requirements

Hi

My experiences send:

1. Form I-765
2. Previous EAD Card coipes (send all incase more than one)
3. 2 Photos
4. I-94 copy
5. I-485 Receipt Notice Copy
6. Cheque for $120 in favour of BCIS (or whatever new name is)

I filed it last year for renewal and I filed it online yesterday for my 2nd renewal.
The only difference between online and paper filing is :
a. I need to go to local INS office for digital signature, photo and finger printing
b. I don't need to send photos as its digitally sent by local INS
c. I need to send all above supporting paperwork with my
auto generated receipt notice.
d. My ND/RD becomes yesterday so I might save 2 weeks for
mail delays and mail opening

Hope it helps

- Inteha

extract from Murthy's weekly newsletter

"Recently, we have seen some checks returned with the notation that they need to be made payable to "USCIS" instead of "DHS" or "INS." Previously, CIS Headquarters officials had stated that they prefer checks to be made payable to the DHS. Now it appears they require "CIS" or "USCIS," in keeping with their new
acronym. "

So, its better to write the checks in favour of USCIS.