Time estimates for GC process from DE??

seranky1

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am planning to get my GC filed from DE and have to pay a significant amount for that from my pocket.
Can anyone who has gone through the process give me time estimates of how long it takes to get the Labor approval, EAD approval and then I-140 and I-485 approval (if they are filed simultaneously) ?
I have heard rumors that labor takes 3 mos (in EB2-RIR) and EAD another 3 mos. and the whole process takes about 9mos-1year. I personally don't know anyone who got labor approved in 3 mos. from DE, so if someone has any such estimates , please post them.
I dont want to proceed with this if it is not fast as I already have a pending application in CA where it is really slow..

Thanks for the help.

give this a thought

if you already have a pending LC and worried your 6yr limit is coming to an end, do not go to these Delaware companies, the law is being changed so that you can get an extension beyond 6yrs. I happened to contact a company and they asked me 10K and during the same week congress passed this new bill that is awaiting presidents signature, browse through Breaking News thread for more info.

regards,
Sreddy227

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I will look into this news. My concern is not so much about my H1-B is running out but more as to how long I will last in my current company. It is only 6 months since my company filed for my labor in CA. It will take another 14 mos before my labor gets approved. I don't know if I will last here or if my company will last that long. It will take some time before I find another companyand get my GC started again.

If the GC process is faster in DE, I want to get it started there while I have a job and can afford to pay for it. I can join as a consultant for the DE company , if I lose my job here and so can still continue my GC without interruptions.

I don't know what to say, as per the guy I talked he said it takes around 9mo to get labor certified. I haven't seen any thread here that is tracking DE labor.

Thanks,
Sreddy227

Originally posted by sreddy227
I don't know what to say, as per the guy I talked he said it takes around 9mo to get labor certified. I haven't seen any thread here that is tracking DE labor.

Thanks,
Sreddy227

Mr Reddy is right.Why everyone is coming to Delaware? Delaware SESA may be fast but what about Philly DOL.There are cases sitting for months.(Earth is circular..)

Seranky1,

To answer your question DE SESA is takes 1-2 months and PHILLY DOL is currently taking 3-4 months. So a reasonable esitmate for a LC approval is 4-6 months. Getting LC in 6 months is a good deal. If you see Vermont I-140 the optimistic esitimate would b 4 months( with current stats ) . But it may take more.

You can also look at the traker for I-140 http://instrack.sce.net/TrackINS/immtrack.nsf

I believe 2 yrs is a good estimate to get a GC if you are lucky.

Saying all that there is some truth in what sreddy was saying. i.e Are these employers are reliable??.

By the way Harrisburg ( philly DOL again) and Chicago Labor are also equally fast.

Thanks.

DE Labor

Hello SEranky,
Don't rely on 10fold........or similar ones........
I think it takes approx. 3-5 months for labor in DE. You may get EAD in approx 6-8 months. So its quite fast than CA.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: