TIJUANA - Sep 18th appointment

rainbow0929

Registered Users (C)
I have an appointment for H1 visa validation at Tijuana on Sep 18th.
I am travelling from Los Angeles area to San Diego and finally to Tijuana.

If anyone else is planning to join, reply back.

I don't have the link but I read somewhere that if you stay in Mexico for less than 72 hours and don't travel more than 100 miles south of the border than you don't need the tourist visas. As a back up, we still should take our Legal documents (like Passport, Driver's Licence etc) which we will have it if we're going for Stamping.

As your appointment is after me, I'll update you when I return.

I have found 2-3 ways to reach U.S. Consulate so right now I am trying to see which one works for me best.

Hey,
If u can email me ur contact info, it would be great.
I am going for my first H1 stamping. I couldn't see anyone going to Tijuana on the same date. It will be helpful if I knew where I can stay near the border?
thanks for ur reply
vishwa

You can book a room at Travelodge at San Ysidro. Here's that address: -
643 East San Ysidro Blvd
Beyer Blvd & San Ysidro Blvd
San Ysidro, CA, 92173 US

If you google the address, it shows right next to the border of Mexico and even the Travelodge website says it's walking distance to the Mexico Border.
So, leave your car at Travelodge and walk to the border, get ORANGE cab once you are on the Mexico side. They'll charge about $5-$10 to take you to the U.S. embassy.
Emabassy and the BANAREX bank are perpendicular to each other.
As you'll need a Demand Draft from the bank and Bank opens at 9:00 make sure you get your appointment a little later so that you can get the DD on time.

Here's one more website that will help you, understand the process of crossing border a little better: -
http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/casdmenu/a/tijuana_going.htm
http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/casdmenu/ss/bordercrossing.htm

You can click on my ID and send me a private message if you want.