Throw some light...

baba2000

Registered Users (C)
Gurus
Mine is long story...

ND 12/20/2001
RD 12/21/2001
FP 05/11/2002

I changed the house on July 1st but i informed BCIS on June 23rd itself. Unfortunately (??), BCIS sent a RFE on July 1st to my old address and it went back to INS undeliverable. In the mean while, INS sent a letter to my new address stating that my address has been updated and since the old RFE came to them undeliverable, they are re-sending the RFE to my new address on July 18th...

But i did not receive the RFE which was sent to me on July 18th. Even my lawyer (since i changed the company around April this year so i hired him) did not recieve even though i filed G28. So I called INS on Aug 2nd after the expiration of 14 days then i told them the situation that i did not received the RFE as well as the Lawyer G28 issue (why he did not receive it). They told that they will reply in 30 days. Now it has been 39 days, so i called BCIS and they said till the earlier question get answered they cannot take another query... So i asked politely, when i am going to recieve the reply for the earlier query they said it might take longer.. but he did not say how long...

I feel like i caught in a whirlpool...

Could anybody face this kinda situation... Could anybody throw some light on this issue...

Thanks in advance...

Generally RFE goes to the Lawyer, In my perspective, I would think of sending a request letter in writing by explaining the details and ask them to send the RFE to the address provided in the I485 receipt notice (NSC address). While sending the letter better to send it by registered post with return receipt so that we have some proof that you did what you can do, this will also help you to prove in the later stage that you send them a letter if in case it is required. Also send the copy of the same to your lawyer.

You can ask your lawyer to do it (Better if you do it by yourself and send the copy to him to let him know ).

Hi,

I'm also changing my residence tomorrow. I spoke with my lawyer yesterday, she said that the moment I change my residence I should fill AR11, also she will send a formal change of address request to BCIS. She also stated that there should not be any problems with this.

Now, did you inform change of address through your lawyer and AR11 or it was simply AR11?

If it was only AR11, then you should immediately file change of address on your pending case through your lawyer. If you've already done that then I guess you should impress upon BCIS through your lawyer for the release of documentation.

To be on the safe side, I'm keeping the current apartment in my possession till 25th of this month, while I'm moving tomorrow. This will give me enough lead time to cover for change of address on the case (I hope!!).

Thanks

Thanks dwak_2000 for your advise.

Thanks thukralrk for your reply too. I did call BCIS to change my I-485 address and also i sent AR11 for the address change. The fact is BCIS sent a letter to me that my address has been updated in their system.

Talk to your lawyer

I had a similar situation when I applied for EAD. They issued a RFE, neither the lawyer or I received it. I called NSC ( it was before BCIS), they told me they would re-send it. So I waited another 2 wks, still nothing happened. After I talked to NSC again, they re-sent it. But I also told my lawyer's assistant about the situation( I rarely talk to my lawyer, alawys his assistant who happens to be a very nice lady). After two phone calls to NSC, she found out they sent the RFE to a wrong address.Up till now, I still don't know how that happened 'cause my lawyer didn't move his office(RFE was sent to him not me). When I called NSC, they confirmed the address with me(both mine and lawyer's) both times.
BCIS can make mistakes(surprised?) , and they only give you 12 wks(I think) to reply the RFE. You better push your lawyer to find out what happened. I think BCIS tells lawyer more than they tell us sometimes.

Here goes our story

My wife's EAD expired on August 15. We got a new EAD couple of weeks back but we did not inform her employer about the new EAD. Seems the employer got a letter from Dept. of Justise. Does that happen?