Three and Half year Part Time Engineering Degree and 140 at NSC

tpranav

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have completed Part-Time Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree which is 3 1/2 years course from India after I have done my 3 yrs Diploma. The total education is 10 + 3 + 3.5 I have 5+ yrs work experience.

My labor is pending with col15: Bachelors (or equivalent) plus 5 yrs exp.

Will my 3.5yrs BE be considered equivalent to US Bachelors on its own? What is the chance of getting approved at NSC in EB2?

I have seen lots of post on 3yrs degree but could not find something similar to mine.

Please advice.

Thanks,

-Thiru

tpranav said:
Hi,

I have completed Part-Time Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree which is 3 1/2 years course from India after I have done my 3 yrs Diploma. The total education is 10 + 3 + 3.5 I have 5+ yrs work experience.

My labor is pending with col15: Bachelors (or equivalent) plus 5 yrs exp.

Will my 3.5yrs BE be considered equivalent to US Bachelors on its own? What is the chance of getting approved at NSC in EB2?

I have seen lots of post on 3yrs degree but could not find something similar to mine.

Please advice.

Thanks,

-Thiru

It should be fine. Since you have received your Bachelor's at the end of 16.5 years of education. Issue only with people with 15 year education to get the degree. See the other thread for interesting discussion

Does Education evaluators equated it to an US degree.

Thanks tammy2 for your response.

I do have an educational evaluation done at the time of my H1B. I did not do specifically for GC processing. Do you advice one? If so, do I need to go for very detailed (course by course) evaluation or the standard one?

Thanks,

-Thiru

Is in old Eval report is talking about any thing about your diploma( Politechnic)? Please let me know

tpranav said:
Thanks tammy2 for your response.

I do have an educational evaluation done at the time of my H1B. I did not do specifically for GC processing. Do you advice one? If so, do I need to go for very detailed (course by course) evaluation or the standard one?

Thanks,

-Thiru