Thread Closed for Sept 20 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spouse Checks didn't cashed Yet but i got approvals

First of all Thanks a lot for your service Rajiv.

Here is my situation,
I filed my 485,EAD and Advance Parole for me and my wife in july .. We used seperate checks for me and my wife.....I used my bank checks for my applications and for her applications/cases(485,ead,AP) i used her checks from different BANK just to make NAMEs on the checks match with Applications...

Our Application filed with Nebraska...
My checks got encashed and got WAC number and got approvals for EAD and AP but My wife's Checks NOT YET CASHED ..
Is there a problem in writing checks from different BANK for each applicants?

Hi Rajiv,

I filed for I 485 on July 6th, 2007 (Fed ex date) & received receipt on Sep 12th 2007

1.When does 180 days countdown start from?? Is it from the date 485 application reaches USCIS & stamped by receipt date or the day EAD is approved?

2.Since GC is for future employment, what are the risks involved in changing employer before 180 days of pending AOS & after getting the EAD?

3.In case of layoff is it advisable to change employer, since the current employer is not able to provide a new job??

need help regarding change of status from f2- f1

Hi Rajiv,
I(Indian citizen) am on F2 visa and applied for masters in some university..got a approval from a college.They have send me the I20.....My husband is on f1 status(opt)....His OPT is expiring next may(2008)..... now my question is can I study on f2 visa and simultaneously apply for change of status??? Without doing the change of status can I go to Canada and get my f1 visa stamped???
Thanks for your help
Jyoti Agarwal

Status
Not open for further replies.