This has got me anxious. RD: 8/9, ND: 9/28, I-485, EAD 11/11, AP 10/28

dma_va

Registered Users (C)
Guys, pl. provide your comments. The quote below is from my lawyer just now:

"The processing time reports are based on the notice date, not the receipt date. One reason why we file renewals way ahead of time is because often the INS sends out requests for evidence on an application, especially in light of heightened security measures being implimented there. Both the EAD and the AP should be renewed 5-6 months in advance. You have a slim chance of being approved before the expiration of these documents, but Bill advises against taking that chance."

Best regards,

Katherine

Not surprising....

Here is the rule of thumb ;)

When it comes to INS, there is no such rule exist, ANYTHING can happen....
all u need is real pure luck :) sad but true :(

And nobody knows what these rules are. Everybody interpret the rules in a different way :(
Sudhi

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonsense. Your lawyer is a jerk!

At least, you can walk into local INS and get EAD, AP instantly.

what a hell. Everything is screwed up.

Your lawyer may be trying to scare you

since she gets consulting fee for re-filing your EAD/AP.

BUT I may be wrong.... so don\'t take chances and file for
an extension...

ric2!! you can't get an instant AP/EAD in all INS offices

dma_va,

EAD is not like H1B that you can work once you apply for extension....You need to have the EAD card to work....However with EAD you can get an interim EAD from your local INS office if your case is pending for more than 90 days.....But the catch is if there is an RFE on your case you can't get the iEAD also.....and for AP if you can't get it instantly from your local office, it's better to get it ahead as you don't want to get stuck here if you have to travel on an emergency.

As long as your company is ready to pay for it, go ahead and do as your lawyer says.........I received a similar mail from my lawyer too recently....but luckily my 485 was approved.....

three months is reasonable

EAd renewal will not take more than 2 months. After 3 months you can walk into any local INS get interim EAD. So best thing is apply for renewal before 3.5 months. In this case even if your EAD renewal does not come thru you still can walk in and get EAD.

Lawyers may not be jerks but

they do not know much more than you do.

They treat everyone as a "case" and care more about money than anything else.

I attended a seminar where a big-mouthed attorney was claiming "most of you will be in EB3 category", while there was a large number in the audience who hold masters and PhDs. A lot of them are senior managers, senior scientists or engineers.

When I talk to her about my case, she, without any hesitation, said that I would fit EB2 and had to go through the LC process. I dismiss her and went ahead to file my own I-140 in EB1. I got approved in less than 3 months. After a little more than 2 months I filed my I-485 I got FP notice.

So do you believe your lawyers that reports are based on ND but not RD? Do you trust him/her that there is slim chance your case is approved by 10/28 or 11/11?

I would say there is a very good chance your case is approved in October. However you may wish to file EAD or AP extension yourself (say in early August). Why should you pay a penny to your lawyer?

Good luck!

No Title

Yjay,

Thanks for your views.

DO you really think I\'ll have to wait till October for my case to approve (my RD is 8/9). I was hoping for July or Early August. Is that not realistic?

Dma_va,

Your approval will be in July; As we are seeing some approvals for August filers, I guess VSC is doing both the July and August cases together...
Only problem is they have sleeping sickness and try to look at our papers as and when they are awake ( Which I think is a few minutes a day)
Hang on man ,I am sure you will give us the Good News in July

my rd and nd is almost same like u

hi,

my rd is 08/08 and nd 09/28.

I spoken to IIO in tuesday 06/25, she told me clearly, from rd 08/05 cases will be assigned to officers next week with my case also. So, I guess, our cases will be approved in next couple of weeks.

Take care