This case has been approved. On April....

bade_babuji

Registered Users (C)
Got a little email that started out with "This case has been approved. On April ...."

At a time when we had almost become indifferent to the whole thing with all that waiting. It didn't even feel like our own case any more.

WAC02144xxxxxx - Yes thats 4 years waiting in 485 !!
CSC. No RFEs.
FP 2 times.
2 EADs.
485 was even cancelled at one time - cuz we didn't receive the FP notice. Reopened the case by filing MTR.

Finally here it is!

Do I have to apply for the plastic card or will it just come in. The status email does not talk about any card.

I want to especially thank all of you guys at this wonderful forum here.

bade_babuji said:
Got a little email that started out with "This case has been approved. On April ...."

At a time when we had almost become indifferent to the whole thing with all that waiting. It didn't even feel like our own case any more.

CSC. No RFEs.
FP 2 times.
2 EADs.
485 was even cancelled at one time - cuz we didn't receive the FP notice. Reopened the case by filing MTR.

Finally here it is!

Do I have to apply for the plastic card or will it just come in. The status email does not talk about any card.

COngratulations..

You will get Plastic Cards at home in next few days if your Bio metrics are current on your file, if not you will get a biometrics schedule notice.

gp111 said:
COngratulations..

You will get Plastic Cards at home in next few days if your Bio metrics are current on your file, if not you will get a biometrics schedule notice.

I also got my I485 approval notice couple of days back. I had the FP and photo taken last year. Will I have to go again for the finger printing.?

Can you update what I have to do now?

Thanks in advance

bade_babuji said:

CSC. No RFEs.
FP 2 times.
2 EADs.

Finally here it is!

Congrats. Are you EB1/2/3 ?? Please let us know.....

EB3.

My wife and I did the bio metrics on 19 Dec 2005 for the 485. I did it yet again in Mar 2006. Are these considered 'on file' ?

Thx.

Got the "card has been mailed" email yesterday (3-4 days after approval).

Heres my question:

The Labor, 140 and 485 were filed with a company that I have since left after waiting for 2 years of filing 485. Am now working with another company. Are there any issues that the new job has to be in same job/category/pay rate etc. Can it be something completely different (even a different field) from the description in labor certification. Also, now that GC is approved does anyone even look at these things any more ? How long is the GC valid for ? Can these things be looked at when its time for GC renewal ?

Thanks.