There would be delays

Tasse

Registered Users (C)
CSC (California Service Center) announced that until June 30, 2004, there would be delays in responding to inquiries on Forms I-140, concurrently filed I-140/I-485s and I-485 cases with previously approved I-140s. The CSC is temporarily directing its resources into issuing driver licenses for illegal immigrants

At least they didn't delay their announcement of the delay. After the sunset thing, I was wondering what they would come up with next.

Tasse, Where did you see the CSC memo saying June, 2004. We have seen memo with Sep 30, 2003 but not till June 2004. Please provide the facts. Thanks.

Originally posted by ghost-rider
thats an excuse...BS...California wlll start giving those DL from January 2004.

BCIS employees should pass some training before January 2004. Training is designed to keep employees abreast of new techniques and improve particular skills and knowledge

screwing the legal immigrees

directing resources to the issuance of driver licenses to illegal immigrants!. Man!!! This pisses me off. America is a nation of laws, but if we're not going to respect the law abiders, we'll have fewer of them! Sometimes I think I should have torn my passport when I landed in San Francisco five years ago. I'd have had cheaper healthcare, and would have saved thousands on car insurance. But then I left my "old" country particularly to get away from the lawlessness and injustice. I comfort myself by thinking that at least economically I am better off. Nonetheless, I don't think there is any excuse for screwing with the legal immigrants while pampering the illegals. Actually, I don't care who they pamper or over indulge, as long as it is not at my expense!

Hey Tasse,

Don't pull a fast one here.. BCIS has nothing to do with license issual DMV does.. on top of that this is an issue just signed by Gray Davis yesterday.Where did you get this from?

Originally posted by Soumy
Don't pull a fast one here.. BCIS has nothing to do with license issual DMV does..

There will be workforce transfer from BCIS to DMV

This is the right one.. I am not sure where you got the DMV stuff...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSC Processing Delays on I-485s and I-140s
Recently, the California Service Center (CSC) has been responding to inquiries on I-485 applications for adjustment of status that have been pending since November 2001. and beyond. Their response to these status inquiries sheds some light on why there has been no advancement in the processing of these cases.

On July 18, 2003, the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) announced that due to the sunset (end) of the religious worker category on September 30, 2003, that resources that would normally be devoted to other cases, must be allocated to the religious worker cases. Therefore, the CSC is temporarily directing resources away from I-140 and non-religious worker I-485 applications to concentrate on the religious worker cases.

Until September 30, 2003, CSC warns that there will be delays in responding to inquiries for Forms I-140, concurrently filed I-140s/I-485s and for I-485s filed based on approved I-140 petitions, because of prioritizing of the applications types associated with the sunset. The CSC is requesting that we withhold any inquiries for impacted cases until after the sunset and they promise that they will resume normal adjudication and inquiry processing after September 30, 2003. This means that we can anticipate continued delays at the CSC for these types of cases at least until October. Realistically, this also means that we will continue to see delays beyond October as the CSC tries to work out from under the delayed processing. We will keep you advised as we obtain more information.

Tasse

Man, you have to do better than that.
give us a link, explain something there...
three lines from YOU about when BCIS will start/stop functioning???

When did CSC start issuing Drivers Licenses?

neeru et others,

sat·ire n.
a. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
b. The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.

2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

tasse

what is the source ..? If its true, man its hell to be in this f***** situation

hey 140, how about

rumour

Rumor \Ru"mor\, n. [F. rumeur, L. rumor; cf. rumificare, rumitare to rumor, Skr. ru to cry.] [Written also rumour.]

1. A flying or popular report; the common talk; hence, public fame; notoriety.

This rumor of him went forth throughout all Judea, and throughout all the region round about. --Luke vii. 17.

Great is the rumor of this dreadful knight. --Shak.

2. A current story passing from one person to another, without any known authority for its truth; -- in this sense often personified.

Rumor next, and Chance, And Tumult, and Confusion, all embroiled. --Milton.

neeru,

Lighten up! Look at the context of the post and then decide if it should be categorized under satire or rumor!

BCIS to transfer officers to DMV???? Either you guys have lost your sense of humor thanks to BCIS drawing out the approval process or Tasse was being factitious.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
neeru,

Lighten up! Look at the context of the post and then decide if it should be categorized under satire or rumor!

perhaps a 'failed satire' - for me anyway. If you laughed at this, more power to you...

its all a rumor

Its a rumor ---------------- It is not possible BCIS to go to DMV

It does not make sense coz' The economy is down, so many people looking for jobs....that's means people have less money to buy cars and if they do not buy cars why would they go to DMV to get license.

Infact 2 years ago there were 3500 unclaimed cars outside the San Jose airport n when police intervened it was discovered that's most of the people who came on H1 n were laid off n had bought Toyotas or Hondas did not have enuff to pay the debts.......thereby left them abandoned...... simple no botheration to pay monthly debts, insurance etc