the tend of namecheck. a disaster

antonioa77

Registered Users (C)
I Just had my infopass apointment and I'm still stuck in the namecheck crap. the interesting thing is that the officer told me that if ur namecheck is not cleared with 1 month after they receive ur I485, then u r stuck in the namecheck for at least a yr. he said he never saw people get cleared in less than 1 yr, he said it can go up to 4 yrs. so it is a blackhole.
this is a glim picture but it seems right unfortunately.

so in summary either 1 month or at least 1 yr if not more of wait for the stupid namecheck. nothing in between. so all those 6 months process thing that TSC put on their website are useless.

antonioa77 said:
I Just had my infopass apointment and I'm still stuck in the namecheck crap. the interesting thing is that the officer told me that if ur namecheck is not cleared with 1 month after they receive ur I485, then u r stuck in the namecheck for at least a yr. he said he never saw people get cleared in less than 1 yr, he said it can go up to 4 yrs. so it is a blackhole.
this is a glim picture but it seems right unfortunately.

so in summary either 1 month or at least 1 yr if not more of wait for the stupid namecheck. nothing in between. so all those 6 months process thing that TSC put on their website are useless.
My I-485 RD: 12DEC02, more than 4 years and stucked in security checks.

jhawilla said:
My I-485 RD: 12DEC02, more than 4 years and stucked in security checks.

and what did u do to try to expedite it? any suggestion? from which country r u?

why u don't file a lawsuit?

Would you please PLEASE stop fidgeting and spreading rumors? Sit tight, your application is not even overdue.
Honestly, you are just polluting this forum with your sweat. Let people who actually have some useful info share it and be quite for a wile, would you?
I am sick and tired of this crap.

yes, please stop making other people sweat

Azazello said:
Would you please PLEASE stop fidgeting and spreading rumors? Sit tight, your application is not even overdue.
Honestly, you are just polluting this forum with your sweat. Let people who actually have some useful info share it and be quite for a wile, would you?

Thanks Azazello for expressing that. I think one should stop going around the forum telling people they are going to get stuck in security check because his is not cleared. Seriously, from the signature associated, someone only submitted I-485 in October. Are you expecting your GC to arrive in 2 weeks after you submitted your application? Why are you special, why should your case be processed to show that the system is actually working? There are a lot other issues. When you enquire CIS, of course the best way for them is to pass the ball to other agency. So I don't think you need to sweat about "name check not cleared". It's just something one would say to shut you up and this kind of inter-agency transaction is almost impossible to trace. And please stop interrogating other users with questions such as "when is your name check cleared?", "which country are you from?" etc. It's really annoying. Please let's use this forum as what it was supposed to do.

Here is a way, if you think you have a really strong case, write or call Mr. George W. Bush, I'm sure he could ask anyone in CIS to expedite your case (1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500; 202-456-1414)

Name Check

Hi Azazello,

Whether we like it or not, Name Check is in a state of mess. What is also true, is that if your case is not cleared within 4 weeks, it could get stuck for years, an established piece of fact.

One could argue that some people have a more direct way of addressing issues with others, however, I do not see anything in Antonioa's which is offensive/irritating.

Whats the point of having a forum which does not encourage one to vent ones disappointment / happiness when we all know that the present system is anything but perfect?

Regards

fed_up said:
Thanks Azazello for expressing that. I think one should stop going around the forum telling people they are going to get stuck in security check because his is not cleared. Seriously, from the signature associated, someone only submitted I-485 in October. Are you expecting your GC to arrive in 2 weeks after you submitted your application? Why are you special, why should your case be processed to show that the system is actually working? There are a lot other issues. When you enquire CIS, of course the best way for them is to pass the ball to other 6 gency. So I don't think you need to sweat about "name check not cleared". It's just something one would say to shut you up and this kind of inter-agency transaction is almost impossible to trace. And please stop interrogating other users with questions such as "when is your name check cleared?", "which country are you from?" etc. It's really annoying. Please let's use this forum as what it was supposed to do.

Here is a way, if you think you have a really strong case, write or call Mr. George W. Bush, I'm sure he could ask anyone in CIS to expedite your case (1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500; 202-456-1414)

Azazello said:

u have to understand one thing, and u can c that with most of the people here in this forum. if ur namecheck didn't get cleared in 3 weeks to 1 month, then it means there is a hit on ur name. when this will hit be cleared? nobody knows but it seems fbi is understaffed and things are going nowhere. so pls before u talk, just know the system then argue.

personally a friend of mine at work got his I485 cleared in 1.5 months in TSC. he applied after me and he got it before me. the only difference is that his namecheck cleared swiftly.

if u don't like my postings, don't look at them. it is a public forum and we are sharing ideas. so pls respect others opinions.

antonioa77 said:
u have to understand one thing, .

What most posters do understand is that it is exceedingly annoying to read through a post that has no punctuation and no grammar. While most of us are not native English speakers, we do make at least some effort to write at a level slightly above that of a ghetto graffiti.

You are just waiting for 2 months. It is nothing. There is nothing to say about your case for another half a year.

Axxe said:
What most posters do understand is that it is exceedingly annoying to read through a post that has no punctuation and no grammar. While most of us are not native English speakers, we do make at least some effort to write at a level slightly above that of a ghetto graffiti.

You are just waiting for 2 months. It is nothing. There is nothing to say about your case for another half a year.

first of all, i'm not from a gheto area.

second , if you don't like reading my postings, skip them when you see my name.

third thing, if your name is not cleared in 3 weeks, then you are officially stuck. god knows when you will be cleared.

forth, i speak and write four languages fluently. so i don't need the opinion of others in the way i write or speak. i have enough education to speak and write good english. I don't need to go back to school and get english 101.

hope that this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...you are posting craps everywhere, it's really hard to miss while some of us are looking for real useful information.

If you actually do more research...a lot of people actually get approved between 2 to 4 months...It's really hard to conclude that the "delay" in your approval is solely due to name check...CIS serves more than one customer...and the filing/information flow system is hardly developed...so your expectation that the minute FBI returns your result CIS will process and approve your case is just naive...I'm sure you'll argue that you "verified" your name check by Infopass...but it's not uncommon that CIS representatives give contradictory information (if you could read other posts, which are mostly in English!)...

I think the few of us who are irritated by you not because of your anxiety...rather...you have limited information...but you go around the forum...pretend to be an expert...give unconfirmed information (again I'm sure you'll argue with your Infopass experience)...and make people sweat...

Well...go back to your name check...I'm not saying I support profiling...but if you are from a so-called "unfriendly state" or your native government is classified as "unfriendly" to the US...it's reasonable to assume its citizens will be watched...have you ever heard someone from Canada...UK...Germany...France or countries like those stuck in name check? Rarely...Under current situation...pretty much everyone is assumed terrorist unless proven otherwise...the old way "everyone is assumed innocent unless proven guilty" is dead...

the "information" (i.e. almost all name checks take more than 1 year) you got from Infopass should be treated carefully...think about it...almost everyone who would schedule an Infopass appointment is stuck beyond the published processing time...so it's not surprising that the immigration officer will tell you "every case he/she has seen is like that"...you do the math...there are 140,000 EB a year...assume 10% get stuck in name check (close to official data)...which means there are 14,000 people get stuck...assuming each applicant makes 2 Infopass enquiry a year during name check get stuck...it's 28,000 appointments....more than 100 a day...and they have other things to do too...it's not a big shock that these immigration officers give you standard answers almost like natural reflect...

fed_up said:
Well...you are posting craps everywhere, it's really hard to miss while some of us are looking for real useful information.

If you actually do more research...a lot of people actually get approved between 2 to 4 months...It's really hard to conclude that the "delay" in your approval is solely due to name check...CIS serves more than one customer...and the filing/information flow system is hardly developed...so your expectation that the minute FBI returns your result CIS will process and approve your case is just naive...I'm sure you'll argue that you "verified" your name check by Infopass...but it's not uncommon that CIS representatives give contradictory information (if you could read other posts, which are mostly in English!)...

I think the few of us who are irritated by you not because of your anxiety...rather...you have limited information...but you go around the forum...pretend to be an expert...give unconfirmed information (again I'm sure you'll argue with your Infopass experience)...and make people sweat...

Well...go back to your name check...I'm not saying I support profiling...but if you are from a so-called "unfriendly state" or your native government is classified as "unfriendly" to the US...it's reasonable to assume its citizens will be watched...have you ever heard someone from Canada...UK...Germany...France or countries like those stuck in name check? Rarely...Under current situation...pretty much everyone is assumed terrorist unless proven otherwise...the old way "everyone is assumed innocent unless proven guilty" is dead...

the "information" (i.e. almost all name checks take more than 1 year) you got from Infopass should be treated carefully...think about it...almost everyone who would schedule an Infopass appointment is stuck beyond the published processing time...so it's not surprising that the immigration officer will tell you "every case he/she has seen is like that"...you do the math...there are 140,000 EB a year...assume 10% get stuck in name check (close to official data)...which means there are 14,000 people get stuck...assuming each applicant makes 2 Infopass enquiry a year during name check get stuck...it's 28,000 appointments....more than 100 a day...and they have other things to do too...it's not a big shock that these immigration officers give you standard answers almost like natural reflect...

no comment. simply, pls don't read my crap (in your opinion) because I will not read yours. end of story.

Some folks got cleared in 5 months

I personally know a couple of folks that got their namecheck cleared in more than 3 weeks but less than a year.. around 5 months..
So don't take a few words from the immi officer at 100% face value. Moreover the entire namecheck process seems to be changing starting Jan 2007. Not sure if it'll make a difference to a case like mine that's been pending for close to a year but let's see.

antonioa77.....

I thought so...one of your close friends getting approved in 1.5 months...I can see what's motivating you....
I saw it myself....on this forum....and have been seeing it ...for1 1/4 years now....Hee Hee! Stuck in Namecheck blackhole for1 1/4 years now...

Yep, you are right, either one is out in 1 month or one is stuck in this hole for 2-4 years +......It's a pathetic system!

Hey Mr. FED_UP,
Can you give the proof of your darn, annoying, redneck, american-ass-kisser theory of US friendly country less Name check? If you cannot, please delete your crap.

fed_up said:

Your math is much the same as mine, fed_up (what the f**k with your handle name, by the way? ;)) I also think we should be aware that this or that forum, or a group of people around you, is by no means a representative sample of immigration applicants in any scientific terms. The same is the case with the infopass officer you happened to see, he/she does not represent the whole group (or their observations).

I guess I'm from a "very friendly" country (if such a thing ever exists), or one of the "safest" countries if you will. And my case is probably pretty much straight-forward.

Nonetheless, my attorney (who as I see her is very competent, with great reputation) told me to prepare for an *at least* 8-month wait, and this, even without any funk regarding security check or without any retro thingy. She said it "assuming that everything would go smoothly," so should my wait be shorter than that, I would probably be among the few luckiest.

It's a matter of the reference point. I'd suggest we better stop comparing our case to those rare few luckiest, otherwise we'd keep feeling overly frustrated forever.

fed_up said:

geofu54 said:
Your math is much the same as mine, fed_up (what the f**k with your handle name, by the way? ;)) I also think we should be aware that this or that forum, or a group of people around you, is by no means a representative sample of immigration applicants in any scientific terms. The same is the case with the infopass officer you happened to see, he/she does not represent the whole group (or their observations).

I guess I'm from a "very friendly" country (if such a thing ever exists), or one of the "safest" countries if you will. And my case is probably pretty much straight-forward.

Nonetheless, my attorney (who as I see her is very competent, with great reputation) told me to prepare for an *at least* 8-month wait, and this, even without any funk regarding security check or without any retro thingy. She said it "assuming that everything would go smoothly," so should my wait be shorter than that, I would probably be among the few luckiest.

It's a matter of the reference point. I'd suggest we better stop comparing our case to those rare few luckiest, otherwise we'd keep feeling overly frustrated forever.

what ur lawyer said about 8 months if no problems occur is kind of unsure. the 8 months thing apply if ur case went to NSC which is slow compared to TSC. but in ur case that ended up at TSC, if ur namecheck got cleared, u can expect a decision on ur case in any minute. NSC and TSC seems working differently. the I140 takes more than 6 months in NSC whereas it takes 2 months at most in TSC.

maith said:
I personally know a couple of folks that got their namecheck cleared in more than 3 weeks but less than a year.. around 5 months..
So don't take a few words from the immi officer at 100% face value. Moreover the entire namecheck process seems to be changing starting Jan 2007. Not sure if it'll make a difference to a case like mine that's been pending for close to a year but let's see.

and how their namecheck got cleared? did they do anything to clear? when this happened( lately, last yr or when)? things can change with time.

and after they got cleared, when they got their I485 approved?

thanks

antonioa77 said:
i have enough education to speak and write good english. I don't need to go back to school and get english 101. hope that this helps.

Then why do you write without proper punctuation and capitalization? Just to annoy us?