The new date of Chicago local office

windseeker

Registered Users (C)
has been moved to 12/29/03, but I still didn't get the interview letter. My rd was 10/25/03. Did anyone receive the interview letter recently?

How long does it take to schedule an interview at Chicago

My spouses case has been transferred to the Chicago office today. Our RD is Nov 2002 and the application is for employment based 485. Can anyone estimate the amount of time it will take for my spouse to get the interview?

Clarification

Nebraskan said:
Most of the centers work on taking the TD as the RD. So it may be the case.

Which date will they use for my preference in setting up the interview? Will it be Nov 2002 (in which case I should expect my interview soon) or Mar 2005, in which case it will take several months before I get the interview. Thanks,

Interview date

For those of you concerned about interview dates. I asked the INS officer at chicago office and she asked me to fill a case status inquiry form. This form goes to the director or some top official who checks on your case status. They got back to me promptly and I got interview date in May.
My case TD- Sept 9 04
RD 9/02
There is no other way of finding out your case other than senators office option which I did not use.

cheka,

How did you do that? I called the INS and wrote to them, I did got promptly letter saying saying "All efforts will be made to respond to your inquiry with 90 days of receipt. Depending on the complexity of your inquiry, additional time may be required to obtain the information requested". Should I use infopass to setup a schedule to visit the chicago office?

case inquiry

Infopass is a good way to gain entry inside the office.See if you get to meet actual officer.I was there to get my 3rd EAD and had face to face conversation with the officer.she was a very kind lady officer who asked me to fill the case staus inquiry form.