The Luck

upside down

Registered Users (C)
If someone is really lucky in every step and is not caught up in some unexpected event, I figure it may have only taken about one year to get a green card from VSC in the past couple of years. However my luck is not that perfect (but I don\'t have much to complain about) and here is how:

1. Before I started my Labor, my lawyer took more than 6 months to post the ads for RIR; Some people posted only 3 or less months.
2. I waited for 10 months for I-140 due to the 245(i) processing consumed all INS manpower; Only a few months back I heard people say their I-140 was approved with one or two months
3. 485 is OK except for a RFE; took about 10 months again for the approval; but some lucky ones got it done in 8 months.
4. Because of the recent installation of the security check at the local office, who konws how long we need to wait again.

The number 4 is really our (bad) luck. Just because of a few days difference we need to wait at least another 30 days.

If there\'s really someone who applied in the recent a few years and got the whole process wrapped within a year, please do post here.

Everyone is unfortunate here. That\'s the above story also.

We would like to hear some lucky guy\'s story whose Green card is approved without any hurdles. Is there any lucky guy here?

right

Like I said, I don\'t have complaints about my case even though I wish it could have been done much faster. I do wish everyone who is still waiting could get the approval and card (including myself; now I must distinguish the waiting for the card itself after 5/15), but I know some people who started around the same time as I did and is working in the same city, with same category and got the card about 1/2 year ago. I\'m just wondering how much the luck is affecting our life ...

For what it\'s worth

I got an RIR LC from Virginia in 5 weeks, but then got stuck in the I-140 stage from Dec to Jul of last year. My I-485 has been pending since late August, so I\'m hoping for approval any week now. In the grand scheme of things, I think I haven\'t done too badly.

Anything under 12 months is incredibly lucky and rare. I\'d say 16-24 months is the average.

Well I may be lucky but still far from the end.

I also came for Ph.D program in Pharmaceutics with the understanding of U.K education system that I would be able to finish in 3-4 yrs. Insted I found Ph.D students are hanging 7-8 years. So I got scared, and dropped to Masters. Finished within two years and joined a manufacturing company. Filed LC Non-RIR in the worse state of USA, New York. I had no idea what is RIR and what is non-RIR. Anyway, I filed 01/2000, got RFE from NY SESA for job description (Company was using me superior job with inferior salary). Striaght up the job description showing Jr. level employee (EB3). Got approval 01/2002. Pretty first huh. 2 years NON-RIR in NY.... During the LC waiting, 09/2001, threat to quit the job. Got a huge bump of salary increase (30% increase) during the worst time for immigrant in USA.

Filed I-140, 02/2002, got approval 04/2002. Two months...

Filed I-485, MD: 4/27/02 RD: 4/29/02, ND: 5/2/02, Unbeleivable huh. What you say.
Now i am hearing some story of retrogessing, except that expecting approval within 6 months. VSC is rocking again. They are finishing FP within 3 months. Planing to quit the job in december (if i get the GC by then). Move to FL. Join a chain pharmacy in FL, which has tuition reimbursement plan. Take the opportunity and finish up the Ph.D or Pharm.D in future.

Thats all.

A Little Philosophy

Luck is defined as-->the events or circumstances that operate for or against an individual.
When an individual’s actions lead towards potential contradictions they experience bad luck causing those actions to fail, when their actions reduce the number of potential contradictions then they experience good luck.
A moral individual strives towards the ultimate interests of consciousness while an immoral individual acts without consideration.

Guys , these are from actual Research being done extensively to quantify LUCK.
Ultimately, it\'s your Karma that will influence how Luck will work- For or Against...
Let\'s remember that and learn to be compassionate towards each other; we have had enough burst of rages and Filthy language on this board.
Let\'s wish LADY LUCK visits each and everyone of us soon.

All the Very best

I can say I am lucky

I started my GC process in the month of May-2000, filed the LC in RIR, EB3 category got the Labor cleared in August-2000 , Company took a little time to file I-140, they filed it in October 2000, got the I-140 cleared on 5th June 2001 and from next day the dates for EB3 became current. Filed I-485 in July and got the approval last week. The whole process took 2 years for me which I think is not a long time.

Another saga ….

My company started by GC (EB3, India) in Feb 1999, LC was filed in non RIR and 4 months later they withdrew the application and filed in RIR, got LC approved (state NJ) in 4 months (99 DEC) and applied for I-140. it took 8 months to get approved (2000 July) . By that time PD went back to 1996!!. I waited one year to file my 485 . My lawyer said they filed my 485 application in July 01 but did not receive the receipt even after 3 months, when I saw August RD are getting receipts I called VSC and talked an IIO, she said they did not receive my application ,that night I cried like a kid, thought of going back after 6 year term. I lost my sleep and cursing myself about my bad luck . Thanks to my wife and friends, they gave me the courage . At last I got the receipt .Lawyer screwed up the 485 application and VSC got my application in Sept01 instead of July 01. I lost 2 months because of their stupidity . Now I am waiting , don’t know when will I get my GC. Let us wait………………..

My story

I am really touched by all those stories and I think we have sacrificed a lot for the dream of freedom and prosperity and maybe in the future this hard-earned experience will really get paid back and only wish I am having right now is the America will not let me down. Here is my story and I am not as unluck as some people but in contrary to my peers I am pretty unlucky.

First of all, with computer engineering Master degree and 5-year experience, I got GC sponsorship in EB3 category.

My LC ad took 3 months. The attorney\'s family passed away and it was two months late for the attorney to submit the LC application and got approved in 2 and half month.

My I-140 was smooth and took about 2 months.

My I-485 was smooth at first. I got the attorney to send out the application in the first day of the current month and got FP on time. Then everything went south. Firstly due to unprecedent mail backlog in VSC it took 3 months to receive a receipt. From then on I hadn\'t heard from INS until a call to INS in April, IIO said a RFE was generated. Waited another 3 week and got RFE. At that time my colleagues have all got approved. Sent out response in 3 days and up to now it has been 21 days and no update. By June 1st my I-485 will reach its one year anniversity and I guess I am still going to be unluck for a while.

I totally agree with you that VSC seems playing a game with a person all the time. If one gets unlucky he will be unlucky all the time, from the beginning to the end

JimZ

Just curious...

In light of the AC21 law and the 180-day provision, does anybody know of any AOS case being adjudicated within 180 days of filing? IMHO, the provision that was meant to address the exceptions is pretty much the norm as far back as I can see.

Abiut Finger Print

PD - 8th Nov 2001.
RD - Dec 2001 first week.
State - OH
Vermont Service Center.
Finger Print appointment on June 7th or on any following Wednesday. If I go the first following Wednesday ( 5 days delay) will that adversely affect ( delay) the processing ?

Thanks a lot!

No Title

Well, I am already in this process for more than four years. And that\'s given that for my country the priority date is always current.

LUCK -- Labour Under Correct Knowledge

Always thought LUCK was our Labour Under Correct Knowlegde. Meaning depends how we work under right kind of knowlegdge but with the INS it has become their LUCK (because they do not work right with the right knowlegde) and so our "luck" is dependant on the INS "LUCK"

U can do FP on any day till 90 days from the fp date!

I don\'t think there wud be any additional delays just because of your delayed FP. Vermont will not even know about the delay, as they may not be able to process your case(AOS) during June(ur RD is DEC 2001).