The EAC number logic!

Geekmo

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I figured out the EAC number logic!

Till date, I was under the assumption that EAC numbers are based on the RD. Which is NOT true. EAC numbers are based on the ND’s! Yes, they are based on ND’s!

Previously, someone posted a message saying that the EAC’s are issued based on the INS working days. That is correct. “The EAC’s number is based on INS working day of the ND”!

Here are few examples:
Date EAC
08/17/01 248
08/18/01 249
08/20/01 250
08/21/01 251
08/22/01 252
08/23/01 253
08/24/01 254
08/25/01 255
08/27/01 256
08/28/01 257
08/29/01 258
08/30/01 259

Here are some examples from Milk’s list:
257 ddb485 8/28
257 rsatya 8/28
259 yashm 8/30
248 godblessamerica 8/17

Note:
1. INS EAC’s also counts Saturdays!
2. My EAC number is 252. According to the above logic, my RD should be 08/22 not 08/24 (as shown in Milk’s list). I verified it with my receipt and its correct! My RD is 08/22!
3. This does not get us to know how the processing happens.

If this is not something new, please ignore it.

Regards.

You are right I figured this only yesterday.

Even I thought it was based on the RD, but after looking at the March 2002 eac\'s recvd so far, you are right!

How do you explain my number using your system...

I have EAC-01-240... It was issued on 8/7/01. According to the logic you have over here it should have been EAC-01-238...

Explanation..

I had figured this out more than a month back. It is based on the day your data is entered into the system (ND). The number represents the working day. So 7th Aug could be 240, but some of the examples Geemko gave may not be 100% accurate...He was just extrapolating to explain. If there is a holiday in between the number won\'t change. So if 8th Aug were holiday, 9th Aug would be 241 and not 242.
There is more to the EAC - 01 is the year and the working days are calculated from Oct - Sep. So Oct NDs would start with EAC-02.

9th digit is always 5 for Employment based cases.

Next 3 digits (10th - 12th) are serial nos. And the last digit is a checksum.

This is cool! You just learn every day something new. One more reason to be

on this board! (See also [I\'m addicted to board like Stock market How about you guys] discussion)

It should be 239!

Hi!

According to my logic, 08/07 should be 239. This calculation includes Saturdays. One thing I am not sure about is counting all Saturdays. Do they have some thing like second Saturday? Was there a holiday between the dates we are talking about?

Any way, this is a closest, and accurate estimate that we can get for EAC numbers.

More important, this does not help us anything about processing. It’s just a finding. Noting more than that.

Regards.

Please update easy Tracker

Can you please update http://www.rupnet.com/immigration with your information.I made this page for easy tracking of how many people are awaiting approval in each Service centers and how many approved with a particular month\'s RD. Thanks

EAC numbers

Folks,

it wouldn\'t hurt to read the original documents from the INS web site from time to time.. There\'s a clear explanation there of how the third part of the EAC number is calculated. It shows the number of "computer" work days in a given fiscal year.. As many of you may know, certain data processing operations are done not only on work days but also on weekends... In other words, it counts those Saturdays when the INS mainframe was turned on. Don\'t ask me when it happens -- it may correlate to the phases of the Moon for all we know.