The beat goes on, and on, and on...

bdazed

Registered Users (C)
I just hit 480 days on my I485. This was the high estimate on my receipt. I'm a clear cut EB1 from Canada. I still have not recieved 2FP or RFE... but from the sounds of it that's par for the course.

This is a response to an e-mail that I received from my lawyer today after inquiring about status. It has some good information. He works for a large firm.

Unfortunately, processing of I-485 applications by the USCIS Regional Service Centers, including the Nebraska Service Center, has gone from bad to worse. In our office we are seeing processing times of 22-30 months for I-485s with Nebraska. My view is that I-485 applications for persons who are single go slightly faster than those applications that include family members. Given this reality, it is imperative that you keep valid work authorization and travel documents in place. According to our records, your EAD and Advance Parole documents both expire 11/11/04. Moreover, your underlying L-1A status is valid until 11/16/04. We can file extensions of the EAD, AP and even L-1A (if you and the company so choose), no sooner than 6 months prior to expiration.

My details are:
ND/RD: 11/02
FP1: 1/03
EAD1:1/03
EAD2: 11/03

.... and on... and on... and on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your information (22-30 months processing time). It is in accordance with what we saw from rupnet.

The Best I can Figure

From what we are seeing on Rupnet they are working new cases with RD's from Mar - May 2002. Feb seems to have been skipped for now and we have only been seeing significant activity on Mar 02 cases for about a week. So if you are a Nov 02 case, then best case you are 6 months away. More likely unless they can significantly pick up the pace then my guess would be more like 9 - 12 months (even this assumes they go faster than last year)